FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««7891011»»»

WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1: Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 08, 2008 2:05:50 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM

EFHK to ULLI (September 7)  Helsinki, Finland to St. Petersburg, Russia

This is the part of the Leg 1 where I'm going to try to catch every country in-between those manadatory stops by hitting at least one main city in each country.  We'll see how this will work out, but so far so good.  Off to Russia!

Kinda thought I was back home at Atlanta Georgia with all the same airplanes only Finnair?

What do you know...an old MD11.  Looking back at Vantaa Intl.

Taking a look outside at the landscape....and closing in on the Western Coastline of Russia...St. Pete's straight ahead.

Backing onto final....looking good.

Landing Score:22.00     Flight Score:139.72

Landing included the following problems:   [edit:  I think I found another runway that must be off, becase I nutted the landing....oh well]

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Poor alignment with runway on ILS approach - line up and stay there.
  • Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.

Flight included the following problems:

• Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #2136
Posted Monday, September 08, 2008 2:39:09 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

ULLI to EETN (September 7)  St. Petersburg, Russia to Tallinn, Estonia

Quick stop to unload a few passengers and gain a few brave souls.  Will be hitting Russia later in trip, so was hoping to see more Scenery but really didn't get much.  So, got refueled, more alcohol, and a new flight crew.

A new AI traffic airplane....Italy's own Alitallia.  Oops, might be going a little steep, but calm down people. I know what I'm doing.

Flying back west and over the Gulf of Finland.  Just reaching the western coast of Estonia.  Will be landing shortly.

Nice little landing...over water and a little rain showers. 

Couple more new airplanes - Estonian Airlines and Czech Airlines.

Landing Score:117.45            Flight Score:145.79  (My highest score to date with the Delta Bird)

Landing included the following problems:

• Not near the centre line - you can do better.

A smooth flight!

Joe Mini

Post #2137
Posted Monday, September 08, 2008 11:36:52 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Tuesday, September 03, 2024 2:30:53 AM
Joe:

First congrats on making it to "FSFlyingSchool Training Captain", here at the forum.

The story is fascinating and a good geography lesson for all of us.

Apologies if you've mentioned it elsewhere, but what add-on scenery and traffic are you using?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #2138
Posted Tuesday, September 09, 2008 9:27:15 AM

All,

SquadronLeader (9/8/2008)
Joe:

First congrats on making it to "FSFlyingSchool Training Captain", here at the forum.

The accolades just keep coming...."First - Stud Muffin, now Training Captain"  I just can't handle all this new found fame.  I will have to where my shade in the public eye now?

The story is fascinating and a good geography lesson for all of us.

I've been trying to do some pre-searching of these cities I'm landing in to find facts about them, and by the time I get ready to do it..."ahh..i'll just put some pictures down and talk about my flight.  But, I'll get some in there every once in a while.  Hope all is reading.  There's my classic affair with Posh Spice in England.  Me being knighted to royalty was pretty cool also.

Apologies if you've mentioned it elsewhere, but what add-on scenery and traffic are you using?

No apologies...Seriously, the pictures I'm throwing up still doesn't do justice, however, what you might see though is how much of the area are "full" of stuff versus the old default scenery.  I couldn't believe how much different software covers different aspect of the game.  I learned a lot at the expense of software, but in my humble opinion, it is worth it when you are flying around in a low and slow plane.  The mountains look incredible.

Well, I bought a bunch of stuff lately, but here it goes.  I have bought: (FSX)
1.  All the SceneryTech Landclass software (N.A./S.A./Europe/Asia)
2.  All of the FSGenesis Mesh software (Entire World coverage)
3.  Ultimate Terrain X software (UTX)
4.  Ground Environment X software (USA/Canada/Alaska)

Waiting patiently now for GEX Europe as they claim it has even more "greatness" than GEX USA, which if that is the case, it should be awesome.

Cheers,

Joe Mini

Post #2161
Posted Wednesday, September 10, 2008 1:15:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Tuesday, September 03, 2024 2:30:53 AM
Joe - thanks for the information.

Now then - which add-on traffic software are you running?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #2166
Posted Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:00:48 AM

SquadronLeader (9/10/2008)
Joe - thanks for the information.

Now then - which add-on traffic software are you running?

Nothing but WOAI traffic....I'm closing in on over 300 airlines loaded now.  Plus it's free.

www.world-of-ai.com

Joe Mini

Post #2170
Posted Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:34:51 PM

EETN to EVRA (September 10)  Tallinn, Estonia to Riga, Latvia

Today's flight plan takes us south from Tallin, Estonia to the Gulf of Riga, and on to the northern city of Riga, Latvia.  Beautiful Day to fly, and then the weather got a little cloudy at the end, but a good flight down the coast of Estonia. 

The mysterious "Black" airline.  Such a mystery, I don't even know who's airline it is...

Closing in on the Gulf of Riga, and then eventually flying along side Estonia...

Low hanging clouds at 2200' but cleared up nicely for my landing.

Landing Score:126.65         Flight Score:140.88

Landing included the following problems:

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.

Flight included the following problems:

• Steep banking - save your aerobatic flying for some other time.

Joe Mini

Post #2175
Posted Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:33:17 PM

EVRA to EYVI (September 11)  Riga, Latvia to Vilnius, Lithuania

Vilnius International Airport Press Conference Room.

JoeMini WWT spokesperson addresses a small group of press reporters:

JoeMini - {Clears throats, sighs}  Ladies and Gentlemen of the press, it is with deeply sadden heart of mine, I once again lost another young jet jockey pilot who's ego was righting checks he couldn't cash.  As we are getting reports, Delta Flight 53 bound for this airport has crashed somewhere on the airports property.  We can't see for shit out there, so as soon as we can see our own hands in front of our face, we'll send some rescue emergency trucks out there.  I'm sorry for Delta airlines who graciously donated there airplane to us, but they knew what they was getting with our young pilots.  As details emerge, we will let loved ones know....Thanks...I'll field questions at this time..."

"Err..yes...Wolf Blitzer CNN news...we have heard rumors that your pilot...JoeMini....did not have his adequate supply of coffee for this flight.  Can you comment on this?
JoeMini - "We have heard rumors that he was pissed his Starbucks coffee was not there at the time of departure, and his mental sharpness was not there.  That is correct."

"Sir...Sir...Katie Curak...Is it true your so-called aviator pilot was hung over with massive quantities of tequila in his system?  If so, are you not concerned about the safety of your passengers?"
Joe Mini - "Rumors off the internet are running mad about his tequila addiction, but I can assure you he was not drinking at the time, because he has finally used up the last tequila bottle from his recent cruise and is out of the juice.  I firmly believe he was not in any shape or form 3 sheets to the wind during his flight.  One more question..."

"Tom Blowchow - Meet the press....we understand JoeMini has been under a lot of stress lately....can this have been a factor?"
Joe Mini - "Certainly without question his deep manic depression after his prize Salt Water prize fish had died recently due to a freak water tank incident, but he was going through counseling as of a week ago to get over it.  There is no confirmed citing at this time he was on a date with Lindsay Lohan....purely speculation at this point...."

Beautiful early morning 5:30ish flight....forecast called for clear skies, apparently in the immediate area.

Sun coming up, then the abyss happens.  What did a major snow storm hit the Lithuania area?  Where's Vilnius?

I thought about A/P'ing it, but couldn't afford the risk of losing points, so I'm bringing it into where?  Houston, we have a problem.

Landing Score: 0.00        Flying Score: 0.00        (Ouch, this one hurts the old grade book)

Damn, guess I won't be attempting zero visability landing anytime in the near future.

Joe Mini

Post #2185
Posted Thursday, September 11, 2008 9:55:27 PM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
ZeroViz Airlines send you a kind thought!

Landing a big metalcigar in fog heavier than my mothers mashed potatoes is not a job for a mere deadly. I´m sure that the VFAA will come to the conclusion that you were not to blame in the landingmishap. It´s risky business to try to attempt that in a competition, but then again, when we fly with realworld, updated every 15 minutes, weather, then everything is potentially out there for us. A tough job, but someone´s gotta do it, isn´t that what they say?

But on the other hand, I think that with the scores you produce on an daily baisis here, it´s good (for me) that you crack up, once in awile also. I dare not think of, how good you will be, in the springtime of ´09!

It´s great to fly with you. You make FSFS look even better!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2195
Posted Friday, September 12, 2008 4:19:29 AM

Ole,

oleandreasen (9/11/2008)
ZeroViz Airlines send you a kind thought!

Landing a big metalcigar in fog heavier than my mothers mashed potatoes is not a job for a mere deadly. I´m sure that the VFAA will come to the conclusion that you were not to blame in the landingmishap. It´s risky business to try to attempt that in a competition, but then again, when we fly with realworld, updated every 15 minutes, weather, then everything is potentially out there for us. A tough job, but someone´s gotta do it, isn´t that what they say?

I see you are using some kind of GPS other than the one that came with FSX.  What program is it, etc?

You know that you can cheat a little when things are as extreme as this. In flight, you can click "alt", and then "plane" and a droplist will appear, where you can click on "Visual glidepath". That could have brought you straight in I think. Try it out. It´s not AP and there is no rules aginst it in WWT.

You know there are a couple things I wish I knew how to do if I just took the time to piddle around and find it.  One thing that is happening with me that I can't figure out why, is when I'm in Virtual Cockpit (by the way...I love it now), everytime I go out to another view and back to Virtual cockpit, I lose my GPS window...well I was so close to the airport, that "I thought" the clouds/fog was going to go away....doh...was I wrong.  I believe that was the worst fog I've ever seen, or attempted to land in. Poor passengers....New flight manifest!   Who wants to fly with the kid again?  Any takers?

But on the other hand, I think that with the scores you produce on an daily baisis here, it´s good (for me) that you crack up, once in awile also. I dare not think of, how good you will be, in the springtime of ´09!

It´s great to fly with you. You make FSFS look even better!

I've got another question, prolly know the answer, but I'll ask anyway.  I don't particular like to fly in "darkness", but I do fly with real weather 95% of the time.  After I select my two cities, of course the time changes to the city under question.  Then I'll put in the "real FSX weather", and I'll move the time back to daylight hours.  Is the weather still for the evening?  I'm banking so.

And one other thing about time.  I live here in the U.S. obviously, and when I make a flight in my own timezone and the current time is correct on the opening window, I'll make a flight in the same time zone, it always moves me up 2 hours...why is it doing that?

Joe Mini

Post #2196
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««7891011»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:27am