FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««678910»»»

WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1: Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, September 04, 2008 2:40:03 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
EKVG to EGPF (September 1)  Vagar, Faroe Islands to Glasgow, Scotland

What a cool little island.  Not sure if I would want to be here in the winter, but never the less had a nice little visit.  Went hiking and mountain climbing.  Well worth the visit.

Waiting on Mrs. Robinson.  Cool looking runway picture and bluff off in the distance.

Running out of runway like real quick.  Yep climbed to bluff with my bear hands...Flew around bluffs and headed south.

Hey what do you know...another set of red, white, and blue colors.

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 75.96  Flying Score: 88.34

Landing included the following problems:

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.

Flight included the following problems:

• Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #2078
Posted Thursday, September 04, 2008 2:56:05 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

EGPF to EGAA (September 1)  Glasgow, Scotland to Belfast, No. Ireland

Eager to finally break out my golf clubs, I do what every other hacker does.  He chases a little white ball in what I call pasture pool.  Had a great time hacking up the course and shot a personal best 78.  Headed off the the 19th hole to celebrate a good round of "goof".

Ahh..another new airliner to pictures...KLM.  Neat picture as I'm flying through layers of the white stuff.

Getting ready to land in Belfast, banking to east.  Lining up pretty good...a little high at the moment.

2 white - 2 Red (That's good) However....              Hey I heard this airline is dyn-o-mite!  Bad Joke.

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 45.89  Flying Score: 132.07  (messed up my landing trying to get a good pic...when will I learn?

• Not near the centre line - you can do better.
  • Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.
  • Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.

• Narrowly missed tail strike - watch your pitch: this could have been bad.

Joe Mini

Post #2079
Posted Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:08:24 PM

EGAA to EIDW (September 2)  Belfast, No. Ireland to Dublin, Ireland

Had to go play some more golf and hoist some beers.  Weather was perfect, but the golfing sucked.  Shot to many bogies to remember, so I drowned my sorrows in some suds.  Thanks to the fine folks and Padraig's for driving me back to the airport, as I was in no condition to drive.   Better sober up a bit before I get behind the yoke again.

Good looking takeoff and leaving the Belfast city limits.

Looking out at the landscape and yep my engine is still running.

Ok...I can feel it this time...I'm gonna nail this landing...Well crap, just missed striping the landing...But a good score I can feel it.  Mr. Smith can't keep duking me can he?

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 101.25  Flying Score: 106.83  (That's what I'm talking about)

A splendid landing!

• Poor steering during takeoff - stay in the centre of the runway.  (Hit the damn advance button too soon!)

Joe Mini

Post #2080
Posted Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:22:41 PM

EIDW to EGGP (September 2)  Dublin, Ireland to Liverpool, England

Ok...so I'm headed off to England now.  I heard about this rock-n-roll group called the Beetles.  Ever heard of them?  Me neither, and apparently they was pretty good for their day.  Had a great time in Ireland, and off to see this new band if I can ever find them.  I heard ol' Paul McCartney paid a ransom fee for his last divorce...ouch!  Women!

Propose this question?  My plane or a nice comfy 777?  That's what I thought...you chose a cramped Beech Baron.

Banking around and headed east for the West coast of England.  Nice looking mountains in the distance.

Oh...I can feel it again...Hitting on all cylinders with the landings lately.  I heard the stewardess are Easy?  Just what I heard.

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 96.65  Flying Score: 105.97

A splendid landing!

• Nose held too high - spilt drinks and worried expressions.  (Ehh..45 degree banking accidently?)

Joe Mini

Post #2081
Posted Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:36:03 PM

EGGP to EGCC (September 3)  Liverpool, England to Manchester, England

Fantastic time in Liverpool.  Now it's off to see a Soccer match, or as most of the world calls it "Football".  Everyone knows the real sport in Football Americano.  That's right baby...NFL season starts this week!  Flew over the Manchester United Football stadium, and decided to see what this David Beckam dude was all about?  Well, for starters, he has a "smokin hot babe wife".  Oh yea.. he's a pretty good soccer player as well.  What a game we watched...No goals, players being helped off the field, and where's the cheerleaders?  Drink more beer will do the trick.

Cracks me up the name of this airlines still.  Here I am braggin' about my scenery, and what are the chances of a couple trees on the taxiway?  Well I guess in Liverpool, the concrete around them? 

Good looking shot of the small town and water bay.  If you can make it out...it says Manchester United in the seats.  It looked better on my 24" monitor.

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 106.65  Flying Score: 106.15  (Starting to get the hang of this flying now!)

A splendid landing!

• Poor steering during takeoff - stay in the centre of the runway.

Joe Mini

Post #2082
Posted Thursday, September 04, 2008 8:06:42 PM

EGCC to EGPH (September 4)  Manchester, England to Edinburg, Scotland

Pilots, Friends, Comrads.  Sometimes you know you got it, and it's gonna be your night.  I'm please to say I finally got a good score for a change.  The plane was mine and I owned the sky.  Who's your Daddy!!!   Weather was perfect, and for the 1st time, I was able to manage the 160nm flight without one time that damn ATC saying "you are 300 above your assigned altitude..."  I owe this whole flight to Posh Spice who I enjoyed a nice dinner the night before while hubby Beckam was out gallovanting the town of Manchester.

New livery in background...Monarch Airlines.  Lifting off from Manchester.

Closing in on Edinburg from the west.  Lined up beautifully...I think it's gonna be my flight.

Still looking good....Centerline....slowing down...

Looking out the window and the passengers was overheard saying...."humm..nice flight"

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 123.80  Flight Score: 144.97

A splendid landing!

A smooth flight!

Well maybe I'll be a pilot someday...not one error tonight.  Sounds like a Margarita is in order!

Joe Mini

Post #2083
Posted Friday, September 05, 2008 1:54:34 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Tuesday, September 03, 2024 2:30:53 AM
Fantastic stuff Joe - unique in the annals of FSFlyingSchool, and lavishly illustrated too.

It certainly looks like any problems with setting up / following ILS approaches have been resolved by Captain Joe as you are getting consistently splendid scores!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #2086
Posted Monday, September 08, 2008 8:49:19 AM

EGPH to ENGM (September 6)  Edinburg, Scotland to Oslo, Norway

Well had a nice stay in the UK, and I'll be returning later in this leg when I go and visit a few more countries in Europe before heading back to London.  People are very nice, and treated me like royalty.  In fact, I was named Honorary Stud Muffin by the the fine people of Edinburg.  Eat your heart out Prince Harry.

Brittish Airways and Easy jet sure do seem to follow the newly annointed stud muffin?

Not sure what bridge that is, but looked cool enough to snap a picture of it....just about at the northeast corner of Scotland...head East!

Sure thing Mrs Robinson, that water temp is just like the Bahama's... Lot of water and land in Norway....really surprised me.

Two white...to Red...looks good again.  Cool looking autumn colors again.  Empty Oslo airport except for me and KLM.

Landing Score:84.90

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.

Definite room for improvement...

Flight Score:93.39
Autopilot used.

• Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Ehh...tail strike....what's the big deal?

Joe Mini

Post #2131
Posted Monday, September 08, 2008 9:01:37 AM

ENGM to ESSA (September 6)  Oslo, Norway to Stockholm, Sweden.

Ok flying fans of Joe Mini WWT, I try to fly most of my flights using real weather.  Sometimes I'll just flying without real weather for a pick-me-up booster, but today, I loaded the so called "real world" FSX weather and it said clear skies.  Great!  Should be a swell flight.  My confidence is gaining and I'm ready for a relaxing flight over to Sweden.  Sheez...that lasted all of about 20 minutes...As reflected in pictures....All I can say was, I was not ready to fly in "zero" visibility, and I was a sweating bringing it in.  I'm sorry for running out of vomit bags, and I think we'll have to give maintenance a shout and see if we can get that "smell" out of the plane.  It's like wall paper peeling power! 

Nice bright sunny day...birds are chirpin'....skies are blue... Thanks Oslo for a nice day of visiting.

Good Golly Mrs. Molly....where in the hell did this come from?  Errr...Ladies and Gentlemen...this is your Captain Stud Muffin speaking....errr...I just shit my pants and I can't seem to find a runway...What do these gauges do again?

Sheez...there's a runway...hope its Stockholm Sweden cuz' that's where I'm sticking the landing....Hold on Mrs. Robinson.

Cool looking Control Tower.  Interesting Design.  Ok...how did the scoring go?

Flying Notes:  Landing Score:46.20     Flight Score:126.91

• Too fast - you had to force the plane to stay down.
  • Glideslope lost before you touched down - not your best effort.
  • Nose down too low - you need to land on your main gear.

• Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Definite room for improvement...

"Bloody Hell....lucky I landing the damn plane Mr. Smith...."

Joe Mini

Post #2132
Posted Monday, September 08, 2008 9:11:53 AM

ESSA to EFHK (September 6)  Stockholm, Sweden to Helsinki, Finland

Decided to take a real early morning flight and see what the scenery would procuce...I wasn't disappointed.  I took a bunch of pictures on this one, but condensed it down.  Beautiful city...wish I could stay more, but I'm on a mission, and have to get back to my ambitious flight schedule.  Thanks Stockholm!

Skyways prop job...and Nordic Leisure paintjob looked really slick.

ARL ANDA Terminal...and pretty cool shot....night and day.

Sunrise coming up and almost above the water now...Ahh...where's my morning Triple Chocolate French Moca Cappacino?  Can I get some service up here the flight deck?

Another sun shot and just slightly off but trying to correct.  Looking good again.

Ever hear of the Flying Finnagan's?  Look a squadron of them....and where in the hell am I gonna park?  Sheez.

Landing Score:138.65     Flight Score:145.42

• Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.  (All set up by crooked approach...)

A smooth flight!  (That's what I'm talking about...All about my coffee and flying skills now!)

Joe Mini

Post #2133
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««678910»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:45pm