FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««45678»»»

WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1: Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008 2:10:23 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Joe: Easy does it. You seem to manage the pics very very well. I hardly did anything, but thanks for the acknowledgment. Great pics. and great flying. I´m getting closer to moving back into the game.... No worries.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1898
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008 5:47:27 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
CYYR - CYLU (August 24)   Goose Bay, New Foundland to Kangiqsualujjuaq, Quebec  <--Pronounce this baby?  Sheez

Ok..all I can say is who picked this destination!   #%$!%!$  S.O.B.  I couldn't find this airport even though I had GPS, and everything under the sun, but the airport like showed up at the last minute, and I was doomed as you can see from the pictures.  Got a big fat ZERO on landing score, but I landed it and Mr. Smith can kiss my {censored}.  Well the next stop is non-ILS as well, so hopefully I can do a better job.  Also, the flight absolutely started off wrong by me getting confused on what part of flight I was on, then I boogered it up some more, for my pathetic scoring....sheez.  Get me out of this lonely airport!

Takeoff! See you later Goose Bay...off to an unknown land.

Well somewhere there is an airport down there, but lord knows where it is...

Oh crap, we're in trouble Mr. Smith...We're coming in hot! On a gravel runway.  Wonder if my plane can handle it?

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 0 (#!$%!$)  Flying Score: 78.70

Landing included the following problems:

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.
  • Without spoilers armed - arm them before landing.

Flight included the following problems:

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.
  • Braking during takeoff - watch those feet.
  • Poor steering during takeoff - stay in the centre of the runway.
  • Poor attention to taxi speed - dangerous to yourself and others.
  • Narrowly missed tail strike - watch your pitch: this could have been bad.

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #1900
Posted Monday, August 25, 2008 3:20:04 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Tuesday, September 03, 2024 2:30:53 AM
Mr Smith just wants you to do well. Doing well means doing what Mr Smith says. Mr Smith is your friend. He is there to help you. You know you need help. Mr Smith says so...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #1904
Posted Monday, August 25, 2008 3:34:25 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
JoeMini (8/24/2008)

Ok..all I can say is who picked this destination! #%$!%!$ S.O.B.

Ooops Joe. I guess that´ll be me, That´ll teach you to stay hot - and DO WHAT MR. SMITH SAYS! comprendes?

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1906
Posted Monday, August 25, 2008 4:29:49 AM

oleandreasen (8/25/2008)
JoeMini (8/24/2008)

Ok..all I can say is who picked this destination! #%$!%!$ S.O.B.

Ooops Joe. I guess that´ll be me, That´ll teach you to stay hot - and DO WHAT MR. SMITH SAYS! comprendes?

Just giving you crud, Ole....When I went to set up my non-ILS runways, I had made a mental note that this would be a deserted airport.

I don't know about you all, but it seems FSX sometimes just doesn't want to put any visual clues of the airport until the last minute.  Of course it was showing an airport on GPS, but I'm like where is it? Sure, I guess I could have done a fly over, then came back in for an attempt.  Nahh...wouldn't be a Delta Connection jet jockey philosophy.  Bring it in hot the 1st time!

Just wait Ole for your turn....there's nothing out there and at least from my vantage point it looked like for the longest time you are going to land in the middle of no where.  Come to think of it...it was no where!

Still having fun!

Joe Mini

Post #1910
Posted Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:16:42 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Joe:

By the way - congratulations on your promotion to FSFS Captain!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #1919
Posted Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:40:09 AM

Oh wow....I seriously didn't notice, but I would like all the little people I stepped on to get this prestigious award.  I will treasure it a lifetime until the next award comes! 

Thanks SL!

Joe Mini

Post #1922
Posted Monday, September 01, 2008 8:40:56 AM

CYLU - CYVM (August 24)   Kangiqsualujjuaq, Quebec to Navavut, Quebec

My second of 3 stops in some of the most remote parts of the world.  You are going to see a pattern for the next few flights as described in my writeups.  I'm trying to think of a nice way to label non-ILS landings.  I'm totally blaming Ole for this! (Trust me, I kidding.  I need to blame somebody, and I cannot come to grips with blaming my self.)  This is my second non-ILS landing at a runway I'm totally not familiar with.  I will also say that after installing all my new scenery, I don't recall seeing all of these hills and valleys, thus adding to my piss poor, pathetic landing scores.  Again, Ole's fault!   Well, the landing stunk again, but I can't get over how the hills and valleys and water look great way up north here. 

Can't really tell, but the wheels are churning up dirt and debris and bouncing like crazy.  Land to snow packed.

Flying over more terrain.  Mountains and water...reminds me of Alaska.

Just more landscape pictures.

Ok...As you can tell, I'm way to high.  Non-ILS landing and I'm coming in high and fast.  Although I got it lined up better.

Oops...Not enough runway to to stop the CRJ-700.  As you can tell from this shot, I had to come over some hills, and I
DIDN'T missed the edge of runway.  This is what we call in the states, a bed and breakfast place.  And shut the hell up about reverse thrusters off Mr. Smith.

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 0 (#!$%!$)  Flying Score: 88.48

• Too fast - you had to force the plane to stay down.
  • Nose down too low - you need to land on your main gear.

Definite room for improvement...

• Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Definite room for improvement...

Joe Mini

Post #1973
Posted Monday, September 01, 2008 8:49:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

More great stuff Joe - thanks for keeping us all in the loop.

Yeah - that MrSmith is pretty particular about noise procedures especially in the real purdy places...

Post #1974
Posted Monday, September 01, 2008 9:03:16 AM

CYVM - BGGH (August 30)   Navavut, Quebec to Godthab (Nuuk) Greenland

6 days later, I'm finally leaving Canada and off to Greenland.  The reason for the delay was Mrs. Robinson in Seat 4C.  It's seems we had a freakin' lightbulb out on her seat which reminded her to fasten seatbelt.  An AOG plane on ground cost companies money, but we are all about safety here at JoeMini WWT, Inc.  Customer satisfaction first.  Well once again, this will be another Non-ILS landing....and guess who I'm blaming again?  You got it...Ole!

I've officially renamed non-ILS landings to Not-Only-Never-I-Lack-Skill landings.  Sheez, I think we get robbed on this part, but I remain confident that somewhere in my next 500 landings on this tour, I will successfully post a score about 10 but no more that 20.  [Censored at this point]  More complaining in seperate posting to come.

The reason for the zero score again, was dangit...well, partly, well ok...all my fault.  I turned on the GPS versus the NAV, and forgot to turn it back to NAV, and Mr. Smith was just a bitching at me for where the Hell are you landing?  I was pissed because I flew that whole flight with out A/P and I still screwed up!  *!$#!%$!@#$

Ok...enough complaining...off to Greenland.

Huge Rain and not very good visability on takeoff.  Get me the heck out of here.

Not sure why I take so many pictures, but it's just cool scenery.

100 nm out from the coast of Greenland...finally!  Some lowlands, water, and hills.

Cool looking Hills. and turning right onto final on the above mentioned Non-ILS landing... Guess what kinda score will happen?

Oh lovely, an elevated airport above water....Everything looks good....Where is everyone?

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 0 (#!$%!$)  Flying Score: 130.40  (Thank god I'm scoring on my flight scores)

• No glideslope information was available on visual approach.
  • No runway alignment information was available on visual approach.
  • Too fast - you had to force the plane to stay down.
  • No glideslope - could not compare flare to glideslope.

• Narrowly missed tail strike - watch your pitch: this could have been bad.
  • Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

Joe Mini

Post #1975
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««45678»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:59pm