FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««89101112»»»

WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1: Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, September 12, 2008 9:36:39 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Tuesday, September 03, 2024 2:30:53 AM
Joe:

Regarding time zones - can be specific about which computer program is displaying a time which is not what you expect?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #2199
Posted Friday, September 12, 2008 10:32:08 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
SquadronLeader (9/12/2008)
Joe:

Regarding time zones - can be specific about which computer program is displaying a time which is not what you expect?

Sure,

On FSX opening screen, where you select the plane, weather, etc...

When the FSX program 1st starts up, the correct time is in the time field.  As soon as I make a flight plan, and I come back to the "startup" screen, my time will be advanced 2 hours forward.  So if I have a 4:00 pm flight CDT, my new time will be 6:00 pm.  Of which I'll back it back to the current time here in Wichita.

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #2201
Posted Friday, September 12, 2008 11:12:04 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
JoeMini (9/12/2008)
Ole,

I see you are using some kind of GPS other than the one that came with FSX. What program is it, etc?

I use the Copilot Pro, from Abacus Click here It has a eazyGPS, and that really is a beauty. Lot better than the standard GPS.

You know there are a couple things I wish I knew how to do if I just took the time to piddle around and find it. One thing that is happening with me that I can't figure out why, is when I'm in Virtual Cockpit (by the way...I love it now), everytime I go out to another view and back to Virtual cockpit, I lose my GPS window...well I was so close to the airport, that "I thought" the clouds/fog was going to go away....doh...was I wrong. I believe that was the worst fog I've ever seen, or attempted to land in. Poor passengers....New flight manifest! Who wants to fly with the kid again? Any takers?

I don´t have a solution to the losing the GPS (and other windows) when changing view. But if you use the standard just click shift-3 and it gets right back up. You can map it to the controller if you have a free button.
SL: Can it be changed so the windows stay when changing views, or at least come back when selecting the window it was brought up in?

I've got another question, prolly know the answer, but I'll ask anyway. I don't particular like to fly in "darkness", but I do fly with real weather 95% of the time. After I select my two cities, of course the time changes to the city under question. Then I'll put in the "real FSX weather", and I'll move the time back to daylight hours. Is the weather still for the evening? I'm banking so.

Jeez - don´t know that! I always fly real weather. Unless testing, then I usually fly clear skies.

And one other thing about time. I live here in the U.S. obviously, and when I make a flight in my own timezone and the current time is correct on the opening window, I'll make a flight in the same time zone, it always moves me up 2 hours...why is it doing that?

That one I will have to test myself. I have never been able to figure what times the system gives me on a flight. I always check and correct if wrong.
[/quote]

Nice weekend.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2206
Posted Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:56:28 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Tuesday, September 03, 2024 2:30:53 AM
How odd! - Well at least it's not FSFS that's doing this then?

And what time is it trying to set it to I wonder - I mean it's not GMT obviously, so what?

Computers... they're strange...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #2208
Posted Monday, September 15, 2008 5:29:51 AM

I'll ask my other VA forums and see if they have any ideas...and report back.

Joe Mini

Post #2226
Posted Tuesday, September 16, 2008 1:54:26 PM

I now have the answer to the time question and it makes sense to me.  When my FSX starts up, the default location is Friday Harbor in the Great Northwest area of the Pacific (Seattle Washington).  Which is PST, which happens to be 2 hours behind me CST.  So, the initial time is my computer time is correct, but when I go and change my location to the Midwest, (ie. Wichita) that is 2 hours ahead of Friday Harbor, thus always moving my time up two hours....Duh!  That's why I'm an idiot most of the time.

So until you put in your starting airport, your new time will be based off of Friday Harbor. 

Somebody on another forum said to somehow make your starting airport the default one, but now that I know why it always moves it up 2 hours, I good with that....

Joe Mini

Post #2250
Posted Tuesday, September 16, 2008 3:09:41 PM

EYVI to UMMS (September 11)  Vilnius, Lithuania to Minsk, Belarus

Well after my shock of my second tragic plane crash, and note that the pilot amazing lived to talk about it, I decided it was back to the Baron to regain lost confidence with my flying skills.  Just a short 70nm hop from Vilnius to Minsk, so hopefully we can bring her down in one piece.  Weather looked a little crappy at first but things got brighter on the landing in Minsk. 

Awaiting any brave passengers and looks like I'll be going solo.  Looking out at some cloudy weather.

Flying over some rural land and closing in on approach.  All things good so far.

2 white - 2 red...all systems go.  Well let's see again, here we have a plane in operation, yet this van apparently has the right of way.  Sheez.

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 79.25   Flight Score: 99.53

Joe Mini

Post #2251
Posted Sunday, September 28, 2008 11:00:07 AM

UMMS to EPWA (September 14)  Minsk, Belarus to Warsaw, Poland

Flight plan is to head west from Minsk to Warsaw.  Beautiful day for flying as I decided just to put in "nice" weather.  Not much to talk about as it was mainly flying over farmland. 

Waiting to depart and Mrs. Robinson to get her butt on the flight.  Looking from Control tower as we acclerate to takeoff.

Nothing but rural land and lakes.  Turning right onto final.  There's a British Airways ahead of me...so I'm slowing down.

British Airways better get off runway, because in not doing a go-around.  Sweet.  Made it.

Flying notes:  Landing Score 78.30   Flying Score 89.61

Landing included the following problems:

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.  (Gonna start seeing a pattern soon!)
  • Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.

Flight included the following problems:

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.  (My bad...on takeoff)
  • Poorly trimmed aircraft - trimmers are there to help: use them.

Joe Mini

Post #2353
Posted Sunday, September 28, 2008 3:12:16 PM

EPWA to LKPR (September 15)  Warsaw, Poland to Prague, Czech Republic

Something has got to give...need a better score...so I'm gonna buckle down and try my best.  We'll see...

Wizz Airlines...Suppose that plane kinda smells funny?  Or perhaps it's just a wizz to fly?  Takeoff!

Flying over some different terrain...

Closing in on Prague, and a shot on final...Little high right now.

Not bad...striped the centerline.  Quite few of the CSA airliners....

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 109.35  Flight Score: 138.15  (Hey not bad at all)

• No glideslope information was available on visual approach.
  • No runway alignment information was available on visual approach.
  • No glideslope - could not compare flare to glideslope.

• Steep banking - save your aerobatic flying for some other time.
  • Poorly trimmed aircraft - trimmers are there to help: use them.

Not sure how I got such a high score on my landing when I got all those errors...but I'll take it!

Joe Mini

Post #2355
Posted Sunday, September 28, 2008 3:30:54 PM

LKPR to LZIB (September 15)  Prague, Czech Republic to Bratislava, Slovakia.

Flight plan was to head southeast to Bratislava.  Terrible landing score.  Back to drawing board.  Been almost 2 weeks so I'm having trouble remembering some of these flights...so the pic's will have to do.

Waiting push back, and quite a few of CSA airliners.

Good looking liftoff picture and flight over some rural lands.

Actually flying over Vienna Austria as Bratislava is fairly close.  Good looking river shot.  We'll be back in Austria soon!

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 48.04   Flying Score: 134.69  (Just a terrible approach...)

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.
  • Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.

• Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Joe Mini

Post #2356
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««89101112»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:49am