FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««1234»»

Quick Start Tutorial Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:46:43 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Marcan (3/16/2010)
Hello again. Thanks for your help but sorry to say again that it doesn't work. I changed the path to c://programfiles(x86)/microsoftgames/flightsimulatorx/ and it doesn't work. Note that I cannot find a folder named flightsim anywhere in my computer. I also click on "load from the registry" and it didn't work either? I am really confused.

I find that FSFlyingSchool is not very useful without that data. I also note that FSFS2010 never recognized the planes I use???

Marcan:

If what you wrote just above is correct, then you´ll never find anything

You need to look at how the path- and filenames are written, type it exactly like that. a path is written like this: C:\ (ONE backslash - not two slashes). - And you need to keep the spaces in between the names: Like, program files (with a space in between words) and still backslashes all the way - not slashes (Slashes (/) are for web pages - backslashes (\) are for local paths)

Your correct path to your FSX should be something like C:\program files(x86)\microsoft games\flight simulator x\

Remember; space between microsoft and games, between flight and simulator and again between simulator and X.

Finally; if you search for flightsim you wont find that either, as there is no folder called flightsim. The folder is called flight simulator x (with spaces). search for simulator and you should find the folder just fine.

Try it out and let us know.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #6967
Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:35:42 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, December 12, 2016 1:53:24 PM
Sorry, I was not precise in my last post.  The path that I tried are as follows:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\  and I also tried C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\    I have also click on "load flight simulator folder locations from the registry.  It directs me to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ 

I guess that the correct path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\   With that path in the settings, when I click on "generate runway data ..." FSFS shuts down.

I am really at a lost as to what to do to fix that problem.  Maybe if I delete both FSX and FSFS and re-installed them???

Post #6968
Posted Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:55:51 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Please do not uninstall FSX - we almost never recommend this action.

It seldom does any good.

We are looking at your issue and we will be back with you shortly.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6973
Posted Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:02:03 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi

>> I have also click on "load flight simulator folder locations from the registry.  It directs me to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ 

This is very likely where it is - unless the registry is corrupted, which in most cases, it is not.

>> I guess that the correct path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\  

Please take a look at that in Windows Explorer and tell us the kind of thing you find there.

Please also right click on the shortcut you use to run FSX and tell us what program (inlcuding the path) it is pointing at.

>> With that path in the settings, when I click on "generate runway data ..." FSFS shuts down.

Please describe this event ("FSFS shuts down.") in detail. For example - what is on the screen? It is the same as you reported before (this is unlikely when you have changed the path).

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6974
Posted Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:43:10 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi,  I replied to this but I guess it disapeared in virtual space.

SquadronLeader (3/18/2010)
Hi

>> I have also click on "load flight simulator folder locations from the registry.  It directs me to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ 

This is very likely where it is - unless the registry is corrupted, which in most cases, it is not.

Is it looking for a particular file?  If so, which one?

>> I guess that the correct path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\  

Please take a look at that in Windows Explorer and tell us the kind of thing you find there.

There are 99 folders and files in there.  Can you specified what we are looking for?

Please also right click on the shortcut you use to run FSX and tell us what program (inlcuding the path) it is pointing at.

The target path is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe"

>> With that path in the settings, when I click on "generate runway data ..." FSFS shuts down.

Please describe this event ("FSFS shuts down.") in detail. For example - what is on the screen? It is the same as you reported before (this is unlikely when you have changed the path).

Here is exactly what I do:

1.  Open FSX

2. Create a flight plan. 

3. Save the flight plan

4. Click on "fly now" and I have my plane sitting on the runway ready to take off.

5. Open FSFS

6. Load the flight plan.  FSFS capture my departing and destination airports but on the lower right corner, I have the message: FSFS2010 runways data not present.

7. I click on "Generate runway data for FSX & quit FSFS"  (That's what it is written but I don't quit FSFS)

8. FSFS disconnect and closes.  I am back in FSX with the plane on the runway.

I hope the above will help you help me..

Thanks.

Post #6995
Posted Friday, March 26, 2010 4:35:34 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

The problem is that instead of generating the runway data and then quitting FSFS, FSFS is just quitting.

This is most likely because a Windows security issue or a path problem is causing the generation of runway data to fail - which takes just a split second - and then FSFS quits, just like it is supposed to.

Without getting into the details of why the generation of the data fails on your PC  , we will just send you the file that it is trying to create, by email.

Just put that file into the folder where FSX is installed on your PC and that should do the trick. You will no longer be prompted to generate the data by FSFS and can go flying.

Post #7006
Posted Friday, March 26, 2010 3:23:44 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Thank you very much!  I copied the file in the folder and it works.

Marcan

Post #7008
Posted Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:21:08 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Excellent - have fun!

Post #7017
Posted Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:49:05 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:32:02 AM
A little off-topic, but as a new boy to FS, the series of Q and A's just concluded scare hell out of me. Seems one must first learn computers and then learn FSFS!   lol
Post #7060
Posted Thursday, April 15, 2010 7:32:50 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Knowledge of PCs is pretty much essential when using FS2004 or FSX, but we do find that around 99% of folks have no trouble at all installing and operating FSFS.

Because PCs, unlike console games, have so many different configurations, there will always be times when rather more technical help is required to get things configured correctly.

Post #7061
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««1234»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:13am