FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««1234»»»

Quick Start Tutorial Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, December 07, 2009 4:49:38 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
I am not sure I fully understand your question, but I will say...

Launch Flight Simulator.

Get a plane ready to fly with you in the cockpit.

Leave Flight Simulator running and switch out of it by pressing Alt Tab or the Start Menu.

Pick FSFlyingSchool from the Start Menu and launch it.

Choose your options and then press CONNECT in FSFlyingSchool.

Return to Flight Simulator by pressing Alt Tab or selecting it from the Windows Task Bar.

Go flying with FSFlyingSchool.

I hope this helps.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6264
Posted Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:07:41 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, August 23, 2020 3:34:13 PM
Where and how do you find a flight plan to load in fs school.

When I start fs and click flight plan the c/program microsoftflightsimx or something like that is in the window.. When i click load flight plan, the next window says pick a flight plan and load but there is nothing in the smaller window to choose from.

FPP

Post #6864
Posted Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:36:55 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi there -

Flight plans are created, by you, in FS2004 or FSX and then they can be loaded into FSFS at the FSFS Flight Plan screen.

The files created end in the extension:   PLN
For example: "VFR Meigs to Gen Mitchell Intl.PLN"

By default, they are stored here:

For FS2004
C:\Documents and Settings\[YourUserName]\My Documents\Flight Simulator Files

For FSX
C:\Documents and Settings\[YourUserName]\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

Please let us know how you get on.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6865
Posted Monday, March 08, 2010 8:29:28 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Monday, December 12, 2016 1:53:24 PM
I do exactly as you described in your tutorial to build up a flight plan.  Once I have the plane on the runway, I load FSFS, click on "flight plan" and load the flight plan I just created.  Then I get the following message: "FSFS 2010 runways data not present."  I click on " Generate runways data for FSX and quit FSFS 2010"  A file CMD.EXE is executed but then I get the message: Failed to make runways CSV file - Failed to make FStart RC RWS files - Total airports = 0 Runways = 0  What am I doing wrong to get the runway data into FSFS2010?
Post #6918
Posted Monday, March 08, 2010 11:46:52 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Marcan (3/8/2010)
I do exactly as you described in your tutorial to build up a flight plan. Once I have the plane on the runway, I load FSFS, click on "flight plan" and load the flight plan I just created. Then I get the following message: "FSFS 2010 runways data not present." I click on " Generate runways data for FSX and quit FSFS 2010" A file CMD.EXE is executed but then I get the message: Failed to make runways CSV file - Failed to make FStart RC RWS files - Total airports = 0Runways = 0 What am I doing wrong to get the runway data into FSFS2010?

Marcan

You should not quit FSFS when its doing its creating the runway files. let it stay and work its magic. It takes maybe about 5-10 minutes. If you still get the error, then please check if your path to your flightsimulator (in settings tab) is the the correct path? else correct it, and try again.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #6921
Posted Tuesday, March 09, 2010 2:38:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Marcan:

Please make sure that FSX and FSFS2010 and FSUIPC were all:

Installed by the same user

Installed by a user who has administrator rights

...and are being...

Used by that user

It is possible to sometimes run into problems otherwise - most often because the user does not have rights to write files on the PC.

Please let us know how you get on.

Post #6922
Posted Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:40:43 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Thank you very much for a speedy reply.  Sorry to say, however, that it doesn't work.  I am the only user on this computer and I check the file C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\MakeRwys.exe and I have full control of that file.  When I click on "Generate runways..."  I have the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>copy /y MakeRwys.exe "C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>copy /y FSFSRwys.exe "C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>copy /y FSFSRwys.fsf "C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>set str="C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\FlightSimulator X Files\"

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>set str=C:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>C:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>cd "C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files>MakeRwys.exe

Then I have the message " Failed to make runways CSV file - Failed to make FStart RC RWS files - Total airports = 0Runways = 0

I have a Pentium(R) Dual-Core W5300 @ 2.60GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

64-bit Operating System - Window 7 Home Edition

Thanks again for your help.

Post #6926
Posted Wednesday, March 10, 2010 12:00:50 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Marcan (3/9/2010)
Thank you very much for a speedy reply. Sorry to say, however, that it doesn't work. I am the only user on this computer and I check the file C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\MakeRwys.exe and I have full control of that file. When I click on "Generate runways..." I have the following:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>copy /y MakeRwys.exe "C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>copy /y FSFSRwys.exe "C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>copy /y FSFSRwys.fsf "C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

1 file(s) copied.

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>set str="C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\FlightSimulator X Files\"

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>set str=C:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>C:

C:\Program Files (x86)\FSFlyingSchool>cd "C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

C:\Users\Marcel\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files>MakeRwys.exe

Then I have the message " Failed to make runways CSV file - Failed to make FStart RC RWS files - Total airports = 0Runways = 0

I have a Pentium(R) Dual-Core W5300 @ 2.60GHz

Installed memory (RAM) 6.00 GB

64-bit Operating System - Window 7 Home Edition

Thanks again for your help.

Marcan:

This is your problem! Your FSFS is pointing at the wrong folder. When you try to make runways it points at the dir where you have your flightplans (in your documents folder)

I wonder if, when you look in the settingstab IN FSFS then you can see the path to your Flightsim directory. This should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ (if you use the default path, but yours could be in other places)

If you havent changed anything since installing FSFS and FSX, then try to press the "Load flight simulator folder locations from the registry" and see if you get the right folder, or else locate it manually and write the correct path. Then try to generate runways again.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #6927
Posted Wednesday, March 10, 2010 1:15:26 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Ole - thanks for your help again.

Marcan - please follow Ole's tips and let us know how you get on.

Post #6928
Posted Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:31:15 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hello again.  Thanks for your help but sorry to say again that it doesn't work.  I changed the path to c://programfiles(x86)/microsoftgames/flightsimulatorx/ and it doesn't work.  Note that I cannot find a folder named flightsim anywhere in my computer.  I also click on "load from the registry" and it didn't work either?  I am really confused.

I find that FSFlyingSchool is not very useful without that data.  I also note that FSFS2010 never recognized the planes I use???

Post #6966
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««1234»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:54am