FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««1234»»

Who and where are you? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:26:19 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, August 23, 2020 3:34:13 PM
Hello- My pilot name is (FLAWLESSPAUL) and I am very fasinated with flight and airplanes.. Ofcourse I'm still trying to learn how to figure out alot of the technical aspects of flying an aircraft.. I've been enjoying flight-simming for about five years now and have a new found passion for flying.

I hope someday to earn a real world recreational pilot license after taking lessons.

Microsoft (FSX) has introduced me to the beauty and freedom of flight and if I ever learn how to do it right in a real aircraft I think I'll make a fine pilot.

I think a person has to have passion and respect for flying in order to really understand it.. I have both in abundance.

Sometimes I find myself wishing that I had of known about flying when I was a child growing up in San Francisco, California. (USA).

I would've no doubt pursued a career in aviation.

I used to sit by the southside of the bay near Candlestick park back in the day and watch airplanes come and go to (KSFO).

The aircracft that amazed me the most were the huge behemoth 747-400 coming in from another part of the world .

I know it may sound a little stange but when that beautiful 747 gracefully touches down flawlessly everytime I would almost have sort of an erotic feeling.. (LOL). Please don't take that the wrong way.. It's just how beautiful the experience is for me.

I now live in Saint Louis, MO. (USA) and don't see many 747s land at Lambert (KSTL).. In fact I've never seen a 747 land at (KSTL).

I think maybe Airforce 1 with the US President has landed there a few times but I never saw that.

FPP

Post #8480
Posted Monday, November 28, 2011 6:23:11 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Tuesday, May 08, 2018 6:36:13 PM
Aloha nui loa from Maui Hawaii. Been here eight years and loving it. Looking hard at seventy one now and wondering where the time went. Flying FXS for about three years now. Big on helicopters but enjoy fixed wing also. Built simpit for rotary wing. Have kids in Texas and Florida, both want to come and live on Maui. Home on Maui is in Kahului about two miles from the main airport.
Post #9119
Posted Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:57:17 PM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Friday, February 23, 2018 10:33:46 AM
Ole!

Jim Plaisted

Aurora CO 80014

flight sim enthusiast since 1999. No wife, no kids. Actual flight times  = 4 touch and goes in a Cessna 172. Lots of fun. Two landings in a CRJ700 full motion simulator.

You may be only a virtual pilot, but I REALLY respect your skills. Any ideas on how I can avoid "sickening changes in g forces?" Thanks

Post #9417
Posted Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:42:09 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Hi there, and thank you for the kind words...

Sickening changes in Geforce! it caused by you making too big adjustments on the controls. Does Smith say anything about your bank being too steep or that you are pitching up or down too much? This will lead to the g-forces problems, so what you need to do is to make smaller corrections. What do you fly with? Yoke, joystick or keyboard?

Anyway, the tiniest input and then wait a little while to see the result of your effort, and then, if needed, more small corrections. Plan ahead, so you are on top of the situation, and can change altitude, speed or heading ever so slightly. Slow and easy does it.

If I am way off here, and its something else, then please ask again... and please let me know in any case. Its always nice to hear how things go - also when it goes fine.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #9418
Posted Thursday, March 07, 2013 7:39:54 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:35:57 PM
I'm Paul. I'm 45 and live close enough to final for Rwy24 of EGPH (Edinburgh) to watch the gear drop as the aircraft come in to land.
I've been writing software commercially since I was 15 although these days, I concentrate on other ways of making money (voice-over recording and language-coaching) as I am utterly sick of fighting with the unreliable, bloated Mickey-Mouse garbage that is passed off as an operating system.
I've always loved aircraft and hope one day to get the chance to take the controls of a real plane... Just as long as it's not a Cessna 172 (or similar), they are my least favourite aircraft. I dream of touring the world in search of Cessnas in order to fill their wing-tanks with concrete.

I love science, especially physics and medicine. I might be loosely described as a musician.

... and I'm barking mad.

Paul..
Post #10733
Posted Sunday, April 21, 2013 5:06:06 PM

FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:03:28 PM
Name: Bob Anderson

Trying out the Demo mode for X-Plane 10.21. Gotta love the kids in the back seat. "Are we there yet? I want some Ice Cream" I Really do enjoy FS Flying School. Awesome job!!

Post #10870
Posted Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:20:18 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi Bob:

Many thanks for your kind words!

Some folks object in the strongest possible terms to the stowaway child, but others love her dearly.

The voice is optional anyway...

Glad you like flying with us!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10873
Posted Saturday, January 30, 2021 6:03:23 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Monday, April 26, 2021 8:38:54 AM
Hello, simmers!

I'm one of the rare simmers from Texas. I live in Pearland, just south of Houston, with my wife. I have Jeff beat a bit, as I was born in 1952, and I've been "flying" in simulators since around 1978, starting on my old Radio Shack TRS-80. Those were the days! Let me tell you, modern computer color graphics are much better for flying than the 128x48 light and dark green rectangular pixels on the TRS-80.

I retired from Chevron several years ago where I was a computer and network analyst. I spent about 15 years with the company. Before that, I preached in Oklahoma, Utah, Kansas, California, and Texas.

I've spent a lot of time on MSFS since its release last year, and I love to ride my Spyder motorcycle.

If you'd like to know me better, visit my Youtube channel at Yoder's
Videos
. I would love to know other simmers.

Gil Yoder
Visit Yoder's Youtube Channel

Post #14296
Posted Monday, February 01, 2021 4:12:03 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi Gil:

Where did you live in California?

Ah the TRS-80! What a machine. I read a programming manual for that long before I owned a computer - and that's what got me started in all this.

Here's the first flight simulator I flew...

Brilliant concept - IFR and so no need for a view out of the cockpit!

And it was made for the first computer I could afford - my beloved VIC-20 with 4.5K of RAM! What was not to like...?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #14298
Posted Monday, February 01, 2021 8:05:23 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Monday, April 26, 2021 8:38:54 AM
Jeff, I was in Visalia, CA, back in the early 1990s, smack dab middle of the San Joaquin Valley.

Gil Yoder
Visit Yoder's Youtube Channel

Post #14299
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««1234»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:57pm