Flap and throttle settings not saved in aircraft position file

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flap and throttle settings not saved in... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, December 06, 2018 7:13:11 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 23, 2021 4:53:41 PM
Hello,

I recently purchased FSIA 2019 for Mac version 2.2 from the X-plane.org store, running X-Plane 11.26 on macOS 10.13.6 and X-Plane is installed on my desktop. My problem is that the flap and throttle settings don't save when I select Save Aircraft Position File from within FSIA. I select quick load and position aircraft. I'm correctly placed at my selected location, but the flaps return to full up and the throttle is also incorrect from where they were set before saving position. I've tried multiple default X-Plane aircraft and add-on aircraft at multiple airports, all with the same result.

Thanks for any help.
Post #13656
Posted Saturday, December 08, 2018 10:11:53 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
Sorry for the delay in replying!

Currently FS Instant Approach does not set the flap positions, etc.

However, you can:
- press the hot key to position your aircraft
- setup the required aircraft config
- press the hot key to position your aircraft (you can do this as often as required)

Let me know if this helps?
Post #13660
Posted Saturday, December 08, 2018 2:17:03 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 23, 2021 4:53:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. However, each reposition resets the flaps, throttle, autopilot, etc. back to the original save. If a future update could incorporate saving flap and throttle settings, this would greatly help. My goal is to practice the final portion of an ILS approach. Having to configure the aircraft all at once is unrealistic and difficult to maintain a stabilized approach. For now, I'll use FSIP to get a rough start and then fine tune from within X-Plane using the Position Aircraft plugin. I realize this isn't really the intended purpose of your program, but a feature like I describe would be very nice. Especially when flying the larger aircraft.

Thanks.
Post #13661
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:46am