FSFlyingSchool PRO 2018 SOUND ISSUES. AGAIN

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

FSFlyingSchool PRO 2018 SOUND ISSUES. AGAIN Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2018 6:45:29 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 20, 2018 8:18:00 AM
Here I am again. If I do not open FSFS for a week or more, the audio no longer works..It keeps happening over and over again. I again checked all settings.
Pilot Page-all settings are same as when it worked. "Listen to Instructor" button used to work. I could hear the instructor. Does not work now.

aircraft page-all settings same as when it worked. "Listen to Instructeor" button used to work. I could hear the instructor. Does not work now.

Log Book-NA

Settings-No changes here. Same settings as when it worked.

FSFS does connect. I see the ticker tap display of connect message. Also, when I say into my mic "can you heart me?", I do get a written, ticker tap, type written "yes I can hear you", However, I cannot hear any audible from the instructor.

I am getting a bit disappointed with this APP. It is fantastic when it is working, however, it keeps failing every couple of weeks, even when I have done nothing, at least to my knowledge, that would cause the problem.

Looking forward to any ideas you may have.

George Keefe
Post #13546
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2018 4:18:56 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi again George:

I understand you've had issues and will help of course. Rest assured that 1000s of real and simulator pilots all over the world are using FSFlyingSchool without such problems, so the problem is specific to the PC in question.

Let's gather some data...

Your report strongly suggests that an add-on or other outside force may have been involved. If all is working and then, one day, it is not, then something outside of FSFlyingSchool has changed.

Usual suspects are:
- Pilot added, removed, or changed configuration of add-on(s)
- Pilot has changed hardware (could be as simple as unplugging a USB headset that always used to be there)
- Windows update has had a negative effect (goodness knows - I've got plenty of games that worked fine for years and now no longer work)
- Pilot changed configuration of Windows
- Pilot changed configuration of simulator

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13547
Posted Saturday, September 15, 2018 5:23:50 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

15 Sep 2018
Got it working for about 8 hours.
I did find an app that was installed since FSFS audio last worked, FSD INTERNATIONAL, INC. GLV2000 software. I uninstalled GLV2000, that did not fix.
I then initiated a system restore from a restore point I had created when FSFS audio was working. That worked. The audio was restored, all ok and working. I shut down computer and I went to bed. Next morning, now, I started the computer and guess what? It stopped working again. I am lost

After only 8 hours, the audio has again failed again. I am spending more time troubleshooting the FSFS audio then I am flying. Any more ideas?

George Keefe
Post #13550
Posted Saturday, September 15, 2018 6:15:01 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

New update...After about one hour, FSFS will not run at all. Keep getting "RUNTIME ERROR". And it will not even connect to FSX.

George Keefe
Post #13551
Posted Sunday, September 16, 2018 1:38:30 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi again George:

I'm sorry to read the problems you are having.

>> Keep getting "RUNTIME ERROR".

We always need all the information we can get in order to help as quickly as possible - I imagine the error also has a description and an error number? If so, that will help so please reply to this post with that information so I can help.

A vast majority of such cases are solved by simply rebooting the PC, then installing FSFlyingSchool into a brand NEW folder which you specify during the installation (the installer asks you where you want to install it). Make sure it is NOT part of any folder you used before for FSFlyingSchool.

If you plan to uninstall the old version, you need to do it before you install the new version.

The reason the new installation works in almost every case is that it makes no assumption about what you have on your PC - it installs everything it needs. This means that no matter how damaged any currently installed version of FSFlyingSchool may be, the new installation will start fresh.

Then... just make absolutely certain that you always use the NEW version you installed and not the old version.

Please let me know how you get on!

NOTE TO ALL READERS:

Flight simulators are complex things with an almost infinite number of ways in which they themselves, the computers they run on and their additional programs, planes, scenery and physical controllers can be configured.

FSFlyingSchool is designed to work with the simulator named in its title and with FSUIPC in the case of FSX and P3D, and with XPUIPC in the case of X-Plane. We make no claims that it will work with any other data or software, which is one of the many reasons we offer free demos of all our products, so that the pilot can test everything first before even considering making a purchase.

Almost ALL additional programs, planes, scenery and physical controllers work just fine. Our support channels are not filled with reports of problems with such things. Once in a while something will come along which appears to be a problem, but in most cases a solution is found. Indeed, at present I cannot recall any such thing which will simply not work at all, with FSFlyingSchool.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13553
Posted Sunday, September 16, 2018 10:57:06 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

16 Sep 2016
Strange things happening. I got the FSFS Audio working again. Completely accidental, I think. Here is what I did it.
1. The computer sound card “Speakers +SSE3 Realtek(R) Audio” would not work.
2. Decided to connect a 32inch TV (VIZIO) to my computer via computer HDMI connection.
3. Changed default sound card to the TV, “M261VP NVIDIA High Definition Audio.
4. Launched FSX Steam Edition. Setup at airport, in cockpit.
5. Launched FSFLYIINGSCHOOL (FSFS).
6. Connected FSFS to FSX. IT WORKED. Complete connection and complete audio. No run time errors.
7. Shifted back to computer audio, SSE3, stopped working again, audio failed.
8. Shifted back to TV audio, M261VP, audio started working again.
9. Bottom line is that the laptop MSI computer audio appears not to work with FSFS, but the TV monitor does work.
Any ideas on how to get the computer audio to work with FSFS? I really cannot explain why this worked. Can you??
I just completed these actions, so I do not know how long this solution will last. I will keep you posted
Again, I do thank you for your, as always, rapid and sincere assistance. As I have said before, I really do like FSFS and really do want the APP to work well for me and all users. I will keep working to figure out the best way to keep it trucking on. I will also post my experience, so that others may learn for my troubleshooting efforts.

George Keefe
Post #13556
Posted Monday, September 17, 2018 3:42:18 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi again George:

Thanks for your kind words and for your detailed report! It's always very useful to have details and methodical procedures reported clearly by our pilots - it all helps us find patterns and solve things.

In summary - FSFlyingSchool is not functioning (produces an error) if a certain sound card is selected at the Settings Screen of FSFlyingSchool.

As I mentioned in my last post, please report back with the error message and number if any - or confirm that there are no such other details.

Also as mentioned, experience says that the most likely solution is as I described - reinstalling - but as described in detail in my last post here.

Please let me know how you get on!

Post #13563
Posted Monday, September 17, 2018 6:16:22 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

I did not screenshoot the last Runtime Error, I should have, and I will in future.

Is there anyway to recover a history of the error?

As of this post, the audio is still working using the TV sound. The computer sound card still not providing FSFS audio. The computer sound card does work with other audio apps/services. YouTube, wav files, etc.

George Keefe
Post #13564
Posted Monday, September 17, 2018 9:06:14 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi again George:

For now let's just plan to get the details of any errors which occur and we'll go from there.

Post #13565
Posted Monday, September 17, 2018 9:26:21 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Roger that, works for me! Again, thank you for your help!

George Keefe
Post #13566
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:32am