Stuck on Elevator Check

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Stuck on Elevator Check Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 3:50:18 AM
I purchased the 2018 flying school as well as the voice pack and the baron pack. I'm having an issue right out of the gate...Mr Smith keeps telling me to check my elevators. I push my CH Eclipse yoke fully in and out, but Mr Smith doesn't recognize this as a proper check and keeps asking to check it. I recal'd twice, but no change. I change to another plane, but no change.

I'm specifically trying to use the Just Flight Piper Arrow III and IV. None of these pass the elevator checks.

What can I do to remedy this?

Thanks
Post #13428
Posted Sunday, July 22, 2018 11:36:10 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi:

Thanks for your interest in FSFlyingSchool - glad to help.

As you can imagine, the aircraft published for X-Plane vary in the way they model different systems and this can mean that the data received from a particular model of the aircraft is not what would normally be received from other planes in X-Plane.

The instructor looks for the controls to be moved through a given range, and allows for then not having to reach extremes at the ends of the ranges, but if the control does not indicate that it has been moved to the limits the instructor expects, then it will not pass the test he (Mr Smith) expects.

Over the several years in which we have published FSFlyingSchool for X-Plane we have of course added 42 planes which are specifically supported - and we continue to add more - and of course we provide our free demos so all features can be tested with the pilot's favorite planes.

Once you move from taxiing to take off, the instructor will stop asking for an elevator check.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great week of flights!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13430
Posted Saturday, December 08, 2018 6:09:22 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 12:56:41 PM
I hate to have to say it, but this actually is a thing. It's happening to me too and I did a little troubleshooting.

The ailerons and rudder check out easily, so I swapped the joystick assignments around in case it was my hardware. The elevator still wouldn't check off as being okay and the rudder and ails were fine. I've only ever heard the elevator check out okay twice in about twelve flights now.

Also, when flying the Airfoillabs 172 it was fine the first time but every time thereafter it gets stuck in a loop saying what the fuel quantity is. It's like an old broken record at 33 1/2 rpm. I even tried connecting on the runway and jumping right into take off. It still read the fuel quantity halfway down the runway and got stuck.

Otherwise it's really nice.

I also write apps... have you ever thought about using a timer to keep the instructor from repeating the same thing more often than X ? (Whatever might be appropriate for a particular sound file.)

Having them not tell me the same thing more than three times would be a real improvement. If I'm flying level to intercept the glide slope from below, I'm flying level for a reason. It would be nice to be able to acknowledge that it's told me to get on glide slope and then have it stop nagging.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it. Thanks!
Post #13663
Posted Sunday, December 09, 2018 1:57:03 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi Vorlin:

Thanks for your post.

Which exact version of FSFlyingSchool are you describing?

Can you tell us which exact aircraft (singular or plural) have shown the elevator issue?

Yes - as you can imagine we have timers and counters and lots of other logic which keeps track of what is being said, when it was last said, how many times it has been said and a lot more.

Your comments are gratefully noted and might be something that could be done as an option.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13664
Posted Sunday, December 09, 2018 12:46:27 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi Jeff,

I'm working with FS Flying School 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10 (August 3 2018) and X-Plane 11.25

The aircraft that have had the elevator issue so far are the default 172, the Carenado 208 Grand Caravan (just purchased last week), the Carenado Beechcraft F33 and the Airfoillabs 172.

The issue where the audio becomes a broken record on the fuel quantity seems to be limited to the Airfoillabs 172 only. That's probably a plugin incompatibility thing then? I noticed that 172 isn't listed as supported and I figured if you could make that claim, you would.

System: AMD FX8350 with 16G DDR3 memory, SSD and an Nvidia 1050ti

Let me know if I can do anything else to help. Thanks!
Scott
Post #13666
Posted Tuesday, December 11, 2018 12:57:43 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

If anyone else runs into this, try a reinstall of FS Flying School. Mine's working fine now.
Post #13673
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:15am