Which add-on products are YOU using in the same flights as FSFlyingSchool?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Which add-on products are YOU using in the... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:14:45 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
>> All you say now makes perfect sense. Is that "realism" file storing stuff somewhere in a "cloud" from when I first started FSFS way back when, or only from my last FSFS version...just curious SL, there's no need for a full-blown investigation on that question...lol

The file

realism.dat

simply stores the add-on license codes you have entered since you installed FSFS in that particular folder. If you had copied it from elsewhere, then it has the codes you'd entered elsewhere.

A key point is that with the last several versions of FSFlyingSchool, we have included all the add-on packs to date, and so the pilot only needs to enter the codes for packs published since the main product was published.

At the time of writing (MAR 28 2017) this means that anyone using FSFlyingSchool PRO 2017 for FSX or for P3D could only possibly need to enter a code for the GPS Tutor Pack as that is the only one published since FSFlyingSchool PRO 2017 itself was published in DEC 2016.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12909
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:19:14 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Ole:

Many thanks for giving us a list of your add-ons in use with FSX-SE. It all helps build a picture of what people can expect to function alongside FSFlyingSchool.

So Folks! We'd love to hear what everyone else is using!

Remember - we want to know about add-ons for your simulator that you are using at the same time as FSFlyingSchool.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12910
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:45:20 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Steve (3/28/2017)

And as far as any "hijacking" goes: ...guilty as charged....lol
i took inspiration from probably the world's best hijacker who has yet to be caught: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

I probably should have started another topic altogether concerning my FSFS issues...yet another brainfart on my part...lol
All kidding aside: if this thread helps out ONE person, let alone many others, than it was a "good hijack", dontchathink?

To get back on topic: You say about mesh: I hear you on the FS Global.
I was running 2010 on my old flying pc, and I was not crazy about all of the "sunken" airports I seen with FSG 2010. The included sunken airport "fixer" supplied by FSG didn't fix anything.
I did not install FSG '10 on my new pc, so for now as far as FS Global 2010 goes? it is a very expensive set of coasters for drinks...

I'd really like to hear your feedback on this Ole, thx.

Steve. I only meant the "hijacking" remark as a joke. Sorry.

I am with you on the darn elevation problems with FS Global. I use(d) the Ultimate version as I said - but same shite there. The fixer did actually fix at least some of the problems, but nowhere near all. Should have been an automated process anyway if you ask me, and not something you had to discover airport after airport and then fix one by one.

Now, as stated, I use Freemesh. which is FREE - and provides better mesh (newer) too. You should try it out. It´s quite a substantial download (about 56 Gb as I recall) but my FS Global was 120+ GB on the Harddrive. I recommend a SSD Harddrive for the FREEMESH for loading speeds.

You can find FREEMESH by clicking here.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #12911
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:27:10 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Ole + Steve:

I really appreciate you both discussing this here - we really want folks to let us know what's going on in their FSFlyingSchool world and this is the best place to share it with everyone else - everybody wins!

Attention all FSFlyingSchool Pilots! Please let us know what you are using!

Post #12912
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 12:59:59 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, October 03, 2021 2:48:46 AM
oleandreasen (3/28/2017)
Steve (3/28/2017)

I did not install FSG '10 on my new pc, so for now as far as FS Global 2010 goes? it is a very expensive set of coasters for drinks...

I'd really like to hear your feedback on this Ole, thx.

Steve. I only meant the "hijacking" remark as a joke. Sorry.

I am with you on the darn elevation problems with FS Global. I use(d) the Ultimate version as I said - but same shite there. The fixer did actually fix at least some of the problems, but nowhere near all. Should have been an automated process anyway if you ask me, and not something you had to discover airport after airport and then fix one by one.

Now, as stated, I use Freemesh. which is FREE - and provides better mesh (newer) too. You should try it out. It´s quite a substantial download (about 56 Gb as I recall) but my FS Global was 120+ GB on the Harddrive. I recommend a SSD Harddrive for the FREEMESH for loading speeds.

You can find FREEMESH by clicking here.

We're all good Ole, no offense taken whatsoever on my part. just reading the word hijack made me think of DB Coop. I figured it kind of fit at the moment...lol
I simply find that whole case still fascinating to this day.
Which in 2017 is now revelent after all these years of going unsolved, as new evidence has surfaced recently on exactly who Mr. Cooper really was.
Not that said evidence will solve this case anytime soon, but it seems a million 'rabbit holes to look in' has been whittled down to about a thousand.
Not news breaking by any means, but it might be closer to some kind of closure on the case. Someday.

Thanks for the link to the free mesh. I will certainly have to check it out.
It still pains me to relegate the FS Global to the shelf though, considering the cost of it. Maybe I will just chalk it up to an investment that has simply ran it's course, idk. The point is, I'm not using it now, so it's time to move on. Because other than the sunken airports, FSG really is a great mesh for worldwide coverage, and it is compatible with almost any addon scenery out there -which is a big plus in my book.

I never researched the free ware mesh options out there to be honest, so you doing the groundwork for me and providing this new option for me now on this is a big bonus. Thank you!

Post #12913
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:05:37 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

SquadronLeader (3/28/2017)
Ole + Steve:

I really appreciate you both discussing this here - we really want folks to let us know what's going on in their FSFlyingSchool world and this is the best place to share it with everyone else - everybody wins!

Attention all FSFlyingSchool Pilots! Please let us know what you are using!

You got me all squared on my issue SL, thanks!

Someday soon, I will actually comprise a list of what I am running addon-wise, especially as it comes to planes.
As far as it sits now, the payware planes added so far are coexisting nicely with FSFS 17.

Now for my next project: I'm ready to start loading in all of my Carenado jets and props with the addon navigation expansion packs, and to see how well they play along with FSFS 17. Truth be told, I'm not worried at all, I think they will be fine. I'll keep you guys posted.
Post #12914
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:58:27 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
@ Steve

What addon navigation expansion packs would that be?

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #12915
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:37:59 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

I second that query...

@ Steve

What addon navigation expansion packs would that be? w00t

Post #12916
Posted Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:36:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

Ask, and you shall receive...lol

FSX/P3D NAVIGRAPH PA46 MERIDIAN EXTENSION PACK
FSX/P3D NAVIGRAPH E50P PHENOM 100 EXTENSION PACK
FSX/P3D NAVIGRAPH EMB505 PHENOM 300 EXTENSION PACK
FSX/P3D NAVIGRAPH S550 CITATION EXTENSION PACK
FSX/P3D CT206H STATIONAIR G1000 EXTENSION PACK
FSX/P3D CT182T SKYLANE G1000 HD SERIES

Those can be found here: http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php

Of course, you would need to own the actual plane itself before adding any of these expansion packs to said planes.
Not trying to brag on my part here: I have them all. I'd venture to guess many other here in the FSFS community have them all too.
Post #12918
Posted Friday, March 31, 2017 6:04:23 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Whoa Steve - that's a serious collection!

Post #12923
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 2:43am