Which add-on products are YOU using in the same flights as FSFlyingSchool?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Which add-on products are YOU using in the... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, March 04, 2017 10:03:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hey there folks...

...which add-on products are YOU using in the same flights as FSFlyingSchool?

Recent posts got me thinking about this - it would be useful if pilots shared there flying preferences here - in the sense of what are you using in the same flight (not merely installed on the same PC).

We know that FSFlyingSchool pilots are flying with Air Hauler, and I'm pretty sure others are using VoxATC.

As I recently mentioned, you can also use FSFlyingSchool in the same flights as an FSX mission or a P3D scenario (though this can sometimes lead to two people talking to you at the same time).

So - what else are you using in the same flight with FSFlyingSchool?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12895
Posted Monday, March 13, 2017 12:32:38 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, October 03, 2021 2:48:46 AM
Hi SL:

I run FSFS 2016 on FSXSE with UTX (all regions), and REX World Wide Airports HD. I also have lots of 3rd party scenery installed, mainly Aerosoft. This was on my old Windows7 pc, and FSFS played along nicely with all of that!

Regardless, I need to email you in regards to doing an upgrade to FSFS 2017.
I have upgraded FSFS many times in the past, but now I am going to a new pc, and it's Windows 10, with all of my Steam gaming installed on a separate internal second SSD. I just want to make sure I can retain all of my pilot logs and such before I do the upgrade..

Back on point: for me, time and time again: FSFS imo is the best tried-and-true must-have addon in flight sim!

Post #12897
Posted Monday, March 13, 2017 3:43:53 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Captain Steve!

Many thanks for your kind words about FSFlyingSchool!

Thanks for letting us all know what you are flying with. It all helps build up a knowledge base we can all share.

We can't test FSFlyingSchool with everything, so if folks let us know - here - what they are using, it helps the FSFlyingSchool community of pilots.

As for your upgrade, you can certainly install FSFlyingSchool on any drive you have. Some folks ask if it has to be on the same drive as their simulator - it absolutely does not.

As for retaining your existing information, make a copy of your entire FSFlyingSchool folder and then put that on your new PC.

IN ADDITION - KEEP THE COPY OF THE DATA IN A SEPARATE SAFE PLACE!

After you've bought and downloaded the upgrade, tell it to install FSFlyingSchool into the same folder where you copied the data onto your new PC.

Next launch FSFlyingSchool on the new PC and put your new 2017 license codes into it.

All set!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12899
Posted Saturday, March 25, 2017 3:10:34 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi SL:

I did the upgrade to FSFS2017 for FSXSE. It is a big improvement from my previous version, that's for sure

There is only one major problem that I can see, and it is with the GPS Tutor -not within anything with the program itself, it is excellent, and I'm learning a lot from it- it is a problem I have when I first start up FSFS once in FSXSE: I always have to re-enter my GPS reg key, before every flight. Once I do that, the tutor works fine. But if I don't do it, the tutor remains dormant.
I'm not sure if I did anything wrong, as I did everything you outlined here:

[quote]SquadronLeader (3/13/2017)[/b]

As for your upgrade, you can certainly install FSFlyingSchool on any drive you have. Some folks ask if it has to be on the same drive as their simulator - it absolutely does not.

As for retaining your existing information, make a copy of your entire FSFlyingSchool folder and then put that on your new PC.

IN ADDITION - KEEP THE COPY OF THE DATA IN A SEPARATE SAFE PLACE!

After you've bought and downloaded the upgrade, tell it to install FSFlyingSchool into the same folder where you copied the data onto your new PC.

Next launch FSFlyingSchool on the new PC and put your new 2017 license codes into it.[quote][/b]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I first start FSFS, I always get the advice box upon startup, as normal. Then afterwards I always get another pop up box saying 'the reg key has already been added' box right after closing out the advice box, then FSFS starts as normal.
But no GPS Tutor detail pack shows up, only my 757 Detail pack is always there -I never have to add that 757 reg key, it is locked in every time.
I sure hope we can get the GPS Tutor key to do the same. Thanks SL.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Post #12902
Posted Sunday, March 26, 2017 4:29:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Steve:

This sounds like a job for screen shots - so can you please send to...

support@FSFlyingSchool.com

screen shots of the stages you have just described - making sure that the entire FSFlyingSchool screen is shown in each one.

This helps enormously as we can "see what you can see" and this will often tell us what the problem is without the need for any further investigation.

Please make sure the screen shot clearly shows any data you have entered and the problem.

To send us a screen shot, press the Print Scrn (print screen) button on your PC keyboard to capture the entire screen and then PASTE that information into an email to the address above.

Do NOT send it here as this is public - your codes are private and you need to send the data to support.

To PASTE the screen capture, simply press Ctrl V while typing in the body of an email to us. The email will need to be in HTML format (not plain text).

Please send the email containing the screen shots which you send to us, to yourself as well, so that you can see if the screen shots are correctly shown in the email and that it is readable and clearly shows the problem you are experiencing.

If you have any problems doing this - you can always just take a picture of the screen with a digital camera and send us that picture. As long as the picture is clear we can use that!

Post #12903
Posted Monday, March 27, 2017 12:40:55 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

That email was sent, along with many screenshots. Nine to be more precise, alongside a txt file with all the info (reg keys, etc) I got in my email upon upgrading to FSFS 2017.
I did not edit them pics size-wise, but I did add arrows and comments to hopefully help support, so there will be a lot to look at, considering I run two monitors. In short, that means the dimensions of those pics are 3520 x 1080...yikes...lol...

While doing those screenies in my test run today, I connected FSFS '17 as usual, but I did not enter the reg key for the GPS detail pack anytime during the process. My point in doing so was as to show exactly what I see, even after entering the GPS Tutor key many times since upgrading. I forgot to mention that in my email to support today...please send those fine peeps at support my apologies for that little brainburp on my part .

Thanks for the help Jeff.
Post #12904
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:03:46 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Steve:

I sent a solution by email - you are all set.

I will share the relevant part here so everyone can use the information if needed.

"Thanks for the screen shots - they are always the fastest way forward.

Please quit all flight simulation programs and then in your FSFlyingSchool folder (wherever you installed it) please delete the file called:

realism.dat

On your PC this may be displayed as simply:

realism

The file contains all the detail pack keys you have added. As you have 2017, you only need one, that is, the GPS Tutor Pack key.
[EDIT - This is because all previous packs are included in 2017.]

There appears to be a problem with the file, so once you have deleted it, simply launch FSFlyingSchool 2017 and put your GPS Pack key into it. Then quit, launch your simulator, get into a plane and then launch FSFlyingSchool 2017.

You should see the GPS Tutor correctly listed."

Post #12905
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:37:22 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
It appears that this thread have been hijacked - (don´t they always? ) But I will try to get it back on topic.

I use a LOT of different addons with my Flight simulator(s)

With FSX-SE I use... (far as I remember - I may have forgotten some but then I´ll amend the post when I remember which ones)

FTX (ORBX) Global Base, Vector and the Landclasses.
Freemesh (I used to use FS-Global Ultimate, but find that the Freemesh is more accurate now, and well, it´s free and takes up half the space of FSGU)
Active Sky 2016 weather injector
REX latest version
REX Worldwide airports HD
MyTraffic X - for AI traffic of course.
and Air Hauler, VA-flight trackers, a multitude of Addon aircraft and sceneries,

And of course... FSFlyingSchool.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #12906
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:39:23 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

SquadronLeader (3/28/2017)
Hi Steve:

I sent a solution by email - you are all set.

I will share the relevant part here so everyone can use the information if needed.

"Thanks for the screen shots - they are always the fastest way forward.

Please quit all flight simulation programs and then in your FSFlyingSchool folder (wherever you installed it) please delete the file called:

realism.dat

On your PC this may be displayed as simply:

realism

The file contains all the detail pack keys you have added. As you have 2017, you only need one, that is, the GPS Tutor Pack key.
[EDIT - This is because all previous packs are included in 2017.]

There appears to be a problem with the file, so once you have deleted it, simply launch FSFlyingSchool 2017 and put your GPS Pack key into it. Then quit, launch your simulator, get into a plane and then launch FSFlyingSchool 2017.

You should see the GPS Tutor correctly listed."

All you say now makes perfect sense. Is that "realism" file storing stuff somewhere in a "cloud" from when I first started FSFS way back when, or only from my last FSFS version...just curious SL, there's no need for a full-blown investigation on that question...lol

Anyhoo, I will do as you prescribed, and report my results in a reply from today's email. If it would help others, please feel free to post or use whatever you see fit, just as you did here in this thread reply.
My pc flight time has been limited last week, and this week is no different. I've been on goofy shifts the past two weeks, so I'm taking baby steps as far as getting this resolved. By this upcoming weekend I should be able to find more time to fly more.

In closing, thx for the help. As always, you and your team are always on top of everything -which is a good thing btw
Post #12907
Posted Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:48:14 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

oleandreasen (3/28/2017)
It appears that this thread have been hijacked - (don´t they always? ) But I will try to get it back on topic.

I use a LOT of different addons with my Flight simulator(s)

With FSX-SE I use... (far as I remember - I may have forgotten some but then I´ll amend the post when I remember which ones)

FTX (ORBX) Global Base, Vector and the Landclasses.
Freemesh (I used to use FS-Global Ultimate, but find that the Freemesh is more accurate now, and well, it´s free and takes up half the space of FSGU)
Active Sky 2016 weather injector
REX latest version
REX Worldwide airports HD
MyTraffic X - for AI traffic of course.
and Air Hauler, VA-flight trackers, a multitude of Addon aircraft and sceneries,

And of course... FSFlyingSchool.

And as far as any "hijacking" goes: ...guilty as charged....lol
i took inspiration from probably the world's best hijacker who has yet to be caught: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper

I probably should have started another topic altogether concerning my FSFS issues...yet another brainfart on my part...lol
All kidding aside: if this thread helps out ONE person, let alone many others, than it was a "good hijack", dontchathink?

To get back on topic: You say about mesh: I hear you on the FS Global.
I was running 2010 on my old flying pc, and I was not crazy about all of the "sunken" airports I seen with FSG 2010. The included sunken airport "fixer" supplied by FSG didn't fix anything.
I did not install FSG '10 on my new pc, so for now as far as FS Global 2010 goes? it is a very expensive set of coasters for drinks...

I'd really like to hear your feedback on this Ole, thx.
Post #12908
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:48am