Bad demo experience

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Bad demo experience Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, October 12, 2018 3:04:12 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, October 14, 2018 1:34:24 AM
Hi.
I downloaded the demo and was very exciting to get startet. I'm not a real pilot, only a (recently new) sim fan, and could really do with the training.
I was on X-plane 11 and the Laminar Cessna 172 with the REP expansion. That plane was supposedly supported by FSflyingschool and also the demo.

Startup went ok, I was guided until I was told to turn on the Alternater. I did that and proceeded. From that point on I was told to turn on the alternater around every 15 seconds. When on the runway ready for take off, things went really crazy.

ready for take off.
You're taxiing too fast, slow down
Turn alternater on
You're taxiing too fast, slow down
Turn alternater on
you need to go faster for take off
Turn alternater on
you need to go faster for take off
Turn alternater on

I then quit... not a very good start for FSFLying school.

P.s. I tried all kinds of kombination with the Alternater. First I thought the software wasnt detecting me turn it on with the Saitek switch box. So I also tried turning it on/off using the mouse in the 3d Cockpit, nothing helped.

I really wanted it to work, since I liked the idea, but I'm glad I had the Demo to just to realize that it didnt work.

Any suggestions?

/Nick
Post #13610
Posted Friday, October 12, 2018 6:59:22 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi Nick:

Thanks for your interest in FSFlyingSchool!

As you can imagine FSFlyingSchool is used by thousands of real and simulator pilots all over the world and as the issues you have reported are not something anyone else is reporting with any frequency we can see that you have identified an issue with the way your PC is configured, or the way X-Plane is configured, or the way FSFlyingSchool is configured or the way your controllers are configured, or in the way FSFlyingSchool is being used.

Something about the above factors is unusual and this is what is causing the results.

You have used the demo and this is always a good idea so that you can be totally satisfied with the product before you even think about making a purchase.

The instructor will tell you to slow down while taxiing if you are in FSFlyingSchool taxi mode but going too fast to taxi safely. This is usually caused by the pilot not following FSFlyingSchool procedure, that is, indicating to the instructor that FSFlyingSchool Take Off mode has been entered (using the keyboard).

If the pilot taxis well in excess of taxi speed the instructor will take this to mean that the pilot wants to take off and will automatically switch to Take Off mode. If the aircraft does not rapidly accelerate, which wastes runway, the instructor will tell the pilot to increase speed rapidly.

Do you wish to to engage in a number of simple tests to see if we can determine why the alternator warning is being repeated?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13611
Posted Friday, October 12, 2018 1:04:02 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi.

Yes, just tell me how to, and I'll be happy to sort this out.
btw, how and where do I see what "mode" I'm in, e.i. Taxi mode, or Take off mode.

I figured out the KB command was Ctrl + z , but I think I got lost in which mode I was in.

/Nick
Post #13612
Posted Saturday, October 13, 2018 1:11:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Nick:

>>>> Do you wish to to engage in a number of simple tests to see if we can determine why the alternator warning is being repeated?

>> Yes, just tell me how to, and I'll be happy to sort this out.

The feature works of course - let's see if we can determine what the problem is on this PC.

Extensive testing has been done to make certain that the alternator is correctly detected when flying the Laminar Cessna 172 with the REP add-on and FSFlyingSchool has supported this for several months.

What is the exact name of the folder in which the plane is installed?

Next - please quit all flight simulation programs and then launch XP11 and get into that plane, on the ground. Then launch FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10 and press "connect". You will be in taxi mode.

Go through the steps you normally take to start the engine (if not running) and then slowly toggle the alternator on and off and let me know what the instructor is saying about it.

If the instructor consistently asks for it to be turned on when it is already on, please send me a screen shot showing its position at that time.

This helps enormously as we can "see what you can see" and this will often tell us what the problem is without the need for any further investigation.

Please make sure the screen shot clearly shows the alternator switch.

To send us a screen shot, press the Print Scrn (print screen) button on your PC keyboard to capture the entire screen and then PASTE that information into an email to

JeffPreston@FSFlyingSchool.com

To PASTE the screen capture, simply press Ctrl V while typing in the body of an email to us. The email will need to be in HTML format (not plain text).

Please send the email containing the screen shot which you send to us, to yourself as well, so that you can see if the screen shot is correctly shown in the email and that it is readable and clearly shows the problem you are experiencing.

If you have any problems doing this - you can always just take a picture of the screen with a digital camera and send us that picture. As long as the picture is clear we can use that!

>> btw, how and where do I see what "mode" I'm in, e.i. Taxi mode, or Take off mode.
I figured out the KB command was Ctrl + z , but I think I got lost in which mode I was in.

Note that keyboard commands need to be precise of course or they will not work. The command to advance the flight mode is Ctrl Shift Z

You can see which mode you are in at any time by pressing Ctrl Shift D

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13613
Posted Sunday, October 14, 2018 1:34:24 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi
I purchaced a license and havent been able to recreate the situation with the registrered version. I'll follow the described procedure if I encounter it again.

/Nick
Post #13616
Posted Sunday, October 14, 2018 4:48:04 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Nick:

Have a great week of flights!

Post #13617
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:50pm