Control Movement Not Detected

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Control Movement Not Detected Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 4:55:27 AM
Using FSFS 2018
The instructor keeps asking me to check the movement of my controls but doesn’t detect that I’ve moved them. This happens whenever I’m flying Caranado aircraft or other than the stock XP 11 planes. My controls (CH) are fully calibrated themselves and within X-Plane 11.
This could probably be solved by the program simply having a dead zone at the outer ranges of the axis.
Post #13400
Posted Monday, June 25, 2018 2:06:56 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi SharpeXB:

Thanks for your interest in FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10 and thanks for your report!

We allow for differences in controllers and certainly do not require the controller to be at literal maximum and literal minimum to satisfy the tests.

I have some questions:

- Which version of FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10 are you using - (full version number)?

- Can you please specifically name several of the planes which have exhibited this issue - with their publisher and full version number?

- What happens if you perform a test by moving their throttle fully forward (wait 1 second) and then and fully aft instantly? This should result in the instructor saying "Let's increase or decrease throttle smoothly". Does it?

- What happens if you perform a test by moving their throttle with the keys instead?

Please let me know.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13401
Posted Monday, June 25, 2018 7:25:45 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

- Which version of FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10 are you using - (full version number)?

v6.3.0

- Can you please specifically name several of the planes which have exhibited this issue - with their publisher and full version number?

Caranado F33A Bonanza v1.1

- What happens if you perform a test by moving their throttle fully forward (wait 1 second) and then and fully aft instantly? This should result in the instructor saying "Let's increase or decrease throttle smoothly". Does it?

Yes

- What happens if you perform a test by moving their throttle with the keys instead?

No instructor warning.

FSFS will recognize the rudder inputs, just not the stick.

Thanks
Post #13402
Posted Monday, June 25, 2018 7:35:33 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

I repeated the above tests with the Caranado B58 Baron v3.2. None of the axis were recognized.
Post #13403
Posted Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:08:05 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

>> Caranado B58 Baron v3.2.

This is indeed a puzzle as we have the plane here and tested it and it worked exactly as expected - all controls were confirmed by the instructor.

We've received no general reports of this as an issue so the issue must be related to the specific setup on that PC.

>> I repeated the above tests with the Caranado B58 Baron v3.2. None of the axis were recognized.

No rudder, elevator, ailerons?

How was the throttle test?

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13404
Posted Tuesday, June 26, 2018 5:31:14 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

SquadronLeader (6/26/2018)

>> I repeated the above tests with the Caranado B58 Baron v3.2. None of the axis were recognized.

No rudder, elevator, ailerons?

How was the throttle test?

On the Caranado B58 none of the axis (elevator aileron rudder or throttle) were recognized,
On the Caranado F33 the rudder and throttle are recognized but not the elevator or aileron.

On the XP11 B58 FSFS recognizes all the axis and works like it should.
So it appears the problem is with the add-on planes.

I have always had this problem using add on planes with FSFS. Was hoping that the new version would have fixed the trouble.
Post #13405
Posted Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:26:44 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

ATTENTION ALL READERS:

This pilot is experiencing the following problem with this aircraft with FSFlyingSchool 2018 for X-Plane 11 and 10 v 6.3.0...

Caranado B58 Baron v3.2 - No confirmation of pre-flight (elevator, ailerons and rudder) checks from the FSFlyingSchool instructor when moving elevator, ailerons and rudder to both ends of their axes (forward to aft and left to right).

As I mentioned, this is indeed a puzzle as we have the plane here and tested it and it worked exactly as expected - all controls were confirmed by the instructor.

We've received no general reports of this as an issue so the issue must be related to the specific setup on that PC.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with this plane?

Post #13406
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:24am