On Approach feature [RESOLVED: is not missing]

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

On Approach feature [RESOLVED: is not... Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, December 02, 2019 2:40:05 PM
Good morning, looking through my manual indicates that the 2018 FSFS should have an On approach feature. When I click on flight plan, it doesn't give me the option of entering a ICAO code or showing the different types of approach to practice.

Any feedback would be most helpful!
Post #13349
Posted Thursday, May 03, 2018 10:53:23 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi:

Glad to help - I just need a little more information - can you tell me the title and date of the manual (shown on its first page) and also the full title and version number of the FSFlyingSchool program?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13350
Posted Friday, May 04, 2018 7:12:37 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Yes Sir, FSFlyingSchool PRO 2018 - Published Dec 20,2017.

FSFlyingSchool PRO 2018, Version 11.0.0

Page 15, talks about the On Approach feature which I don't see an option for this on the Flight Plan page within the software.
Post #13351
Posted Friday, May 04, 2018 1:43:04 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Cessna 3152
I have the same version 11.0.0 december 20. 2017 - and yes page 15 of the manual certainly speaks of an "on approach feature" and I have to say that the feature is a very very strong FSFlyingSchool feature.
I have attached a screenshot of my copy of FSFlyingSchool 2018 for FSX, and when clicking the flightplan tab - I get the below shown picture. It shows the "on approach feature" clearly. You enter the ICAO code top left - enter other credentials - and press "connect" and Voilá - you are on approach. X-Plane had this feature natively for many years - but FSFlyingSchool brought it to FSX - and in a much stronger version. It´s one of my favourite features in FSFlyingSchool.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #13352
Posted Friday, May 04, 2018 10:22:10 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks for the screen shot, I'm looking forward to using this feature because I am currently in training for an airplane instrument rating add-on. Multiple approaches with this feature would assist me in completing the check ride sooner.

[url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUHKRIpyfgtdmYtWWdrNVNHelA1aUFjb2VvcTZFc0x0eEFN/view?usp=sharing][/url]
Post #13353
Posted Saturday, May 05, 2018 12:15:05 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Many thanks to Ole for helping c3152 and for those kind words!

Be sure to read the details of the features in the manual so you will get the most out of them - there is a lot there and it's very much worth your time to read them in full.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13354
Posted Sunday, May 06, 2018 1:01:14 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Cessna 3152 (5/4/2018)

Thanks for the screen shot, I'm looking forward to using this feature because I am currently in training for an airplane instrument rating add-on. Multiple approaches with this feature would assist me in completing the check ride sooner.

[url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUHKRIpyfgtdmYtWWdrNVNHelA1aUFjb2VvcTZFc0x0eEFN/view?usp=sharing][/url]

Cessna 3152

The screenshot you posted above - is of FSFlyingSchool Pro 2018 - for X-PLANE. Not for FSX. I was fooled because you said vesion 11.0.0. The X-Plane version is currently version 6.2.0 - Yours is version 6.0.0 and has updates that you should download and install. (they are free updates) FSFlyingSchool for X-Plane does not have the "On Approach" feature.

The screenshot I posted, and that HAS the feature - is for FSX. The manual for the X-Plane version does not say anything about the "on approach" feature - as it does not have it. As I said - X-Plane comes with it´s own feature like that.

You get to it in X-Plane, by clicking, on the top right, of the screen on "Flight configuration" page, and click on "Customize" on the location part of the screen. - then in low left corner - on "on ground" click the "on runway" line of text and it will roll down to show "on approach 3 miles" and "10 miles" - and this will put you on approach. Not nearly as advanced as the FSFlyingSchool version for FSX - but it will get you on approach.

Perhaps the advanced feature could be converted to X-Plane by FSInventions - I don´t know.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #13355
Posted Monday, May 07, 2018 2:11:12 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Once again - many thanks to Ole for helping c3152!

Be sure to read the details of the features in the manual.

We offer our own 'on approach' features for X-Plane in FS Instant Approach PRO for X-Plane 10 and hope to soon make this available for X-Plane 11.

Post #13356
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:12am