Custom checklists/procedures

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Custom checklists/procedures Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:57:46 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, August 03, 2017 7:49:30 AM
Is it possible to add custom checklists and procedures to a specific plane? Or in general? I'm trying to keep my real world training sharp by working with the sim, and FSFlying School is pretty cool, expect for some things that have been bugging me.

With something like a Piper trainer, there is no taxi light, and my real world procedure is to throw all lights on while taxiing, strobe always on during startup to shutdown, and then landing/recog off at 1,000 AGL. Is it possible to add anything in, place specific, to keep along certain check lists?

Would also be great to be able to do all the check lists as well. I do my flaps, aileron, and elevator checks before take off, but can't do rudder, and don't want to be asked to do it 100 times. Even when doing circuit mode, I'm on my downwind leg and he's like "I'm disappointed you didn't check aileron and elevator" and I'm like DUUUDE I already did haha.

Run up is a little weird too. I switch to just one of the magnetos and he's like "ok, cool, run up complete". I have a bunch of other things to check, man! (And maybe I'm hitting the wrong magneto first and need to go all the way left and then right. Oh god... have I been doing that wrong the whole time???)

I love the voice command option though. Really fun to be doing PilotEdge and having the instructor talking to you at the same time. And also figured though that this would be a perfect opportunity to say something like "runup check list", "check list complete", etc.

Not sure if this is a crazy ask or even possible, but things I thought of!
Post #13037
Posted Monday, July 24, 2017 2:50:15 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Hi CB:

Thanks for your interest in FSFlyingSchool!

>> Is it possible to add custom checklists and procedures to a specific plane? Or in general? I'm trying to keep my real world training sharp by working with the sim, and FSFlying School is pretty cool, expect for some things that have been bugging me.

There is no existing function to do this.
You could record your own checklists to replace the existing ones for planes which have 'detail packs' in FSFlyingSchool.

>> With something like a Piper trainer, there is no taxi light, and my real world procedure is to throw all lights on while taxiing, strobe always on during startup to shutdown, and then landing/recog off at 1,000 AGL. Is it possible to add anything in, place specific, to keep along certain check lists?

You can tell FSFlyingSchool which lights to monitor, but there is no function to change the logic by which the lights are monitored.

>> Would also be great to be able to do all the check lists as well. I do my flaps, aileron, and elevator checks before take off, but can't do rudder, and don't want to be asked to do it 100 times.

Planes that have 'detail packs' have multiple check lists, but there is no function to add more at other times.

Is your movement of the rudder not being detected or is there some other issue?

>> Even when doing circuit mode, I'm on my downwind leg and he's like "I'm disappointed you didn't check aileron and elevator" and I'm like DUUUDE I already did haha.

If the instructor says "aileron check complete" and "elevator check complete" you will not hear what you have reported. If he does not, then of course you will.

Are you saying that you perform the checks but get no confirmation from the instructor?

>> Run up is a little weird too. I switch to just one of the magnetos and he's like "ok, cool, run up complete". I have a bunch of other things to check, man! (And maybe I'm hitting the wrong magneto first and need to go all the way left and then right. Oh god... have I been doing that wrong the whole time???)

There are sometimes technical limitations on what can be detected from the simulator not only due to what the simulator will report to us, but also what is being reported by the particular aircraft from a particular publisher. The instructor wants each magneto tested, it might be that switching just one off and then back on will trigger the same effect with some aircraft.

>> I love the voice command option though. Really fun to be doing PilotEdge and having the instructor talking to you at the same time. And also figured though that this would be a perfect opportunity to say something like "runup check list", "check list complete", etc.

You can certainly ask for the 'next checklist' as described in the manuals.

>> Not sure if this is a crazy ask or even possible, but things I thought of!

Thanks so much for your feedback - much appreciated.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #13042
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:12pm