what is up with this guy?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

what is up with this guy? Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, October 31, 2016 11:19:00 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 28, 2017 8:32:18 PM
Guys! "Mr. Smith" is confusing me. Why does he tell me to "turn off the taxi lights" when I am clearly taxiing to the runway in my C172? He keeps repeating "Lets maintain 1,000 above the airfield until we turn onto base" when I am clearly at 1,000 above the airfield? Last but not least he constantly repeats "we don't want to be descending during takeoff when I'm clearly in my cruising phase?? Its starting to become very annoying and a very big headache.
Post #12783
Posted Tuesday, November 01, 2016 5:22:54 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi:

I think I can help!

>> Why does he tell me to "turn off the taxi lights" when I am clearly taxiing to the runway in my C172?

The rules the instructors use for lights are listed in the manual and of course remember that you can turn any of them off if you don't like the rule, at the aircraft screen of FSFS.
The rule the instructors use for TAXI lights is: "If in taxi mode at night, or in taxi mode in a heavy aircraft, taxi lights on."

>> He keeps repeating "Lets maintain 1,000 above the airfield until we turn onto base" when I am clearly at 1,000 above the airfield?

When did you set your altimeter and to what did you set it?
What is the altitude of the airfield?
What is shown on your altimeter at the instant the instructor says this?

>> Last but not least he constantly repeats "we don't want to be descending during takeoff when I'm clearly in my cruising phase?? Its starting to become very annoying and a very big headache.

This one is simple - he thinks you are taking off. This is because he has not yet received a signal from you that you are no longer taking off.

>> "when I'm clearly in my cruising phase"

I'm not sure how much you already know about how FSFS works, so here goes:

- You can have FSFS detect a change from take off to cruise automatically. Experienced pilots turn this off and choose when to tell the instructor.

- You can indicate movement to the next flight mode (such as cruise from take off) by pressing Shift Ctrl Z

- You can use the Voice Command options in FSFS and simply tell your instructor "We are cruising" by saying this into your microphone.

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12784
Posted Tuesday, November 01, 2016 12:46:47 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, October 28, 2017 8:32:18 PM
Thank you so much. I changed it to have FSFS detect a change from take off to cruise automatically and it works now. I set my altimeter to the height of the airfield at the beginning of the flight. But I think by flying slightly above or below that height of 1000' AAL is what causes him to reply...I have difficulty keeping the plane level even with the trim. Thanks for the help!
Post #12785
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:27am