Mini's Rocky Mountain Tour

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Mini's Rocky Mountain Tour Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:11:40 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
January 16th, 2013  (Leg1:  KAPA - 1V5)

Holy cow!  It's been a really long time posting to the forum, and needless to say, I missed it a ton.  It's about time I can do what I love doing the most and that is flight simming with my buddy Ole.  Rusty as all hell, but I've got FSFS2013 at my side, so I'm sure i'm going to do plenty wrong!  Without further delay, let the Colorado adventure begin!

Joe Mini, Pilot and CEO of JoeMini Tours, after completing a refresher course on flying, takes to his 1st airplane, a beautiful Rockwell Commander 114.  Just being barely knowledgable of aircraft characteristics, handling, and performance, I call tower and head off for a short flight to Boulder, Colorado to check out a future university for my daughter.  It's an extremely warm day in Centennial, near 48 degrees for January!

Cockpit Door open...what does this switch do?                                                Departing south and heading back north to boulder, Centennial airport in backdrop.

Beautiful day to be back flying.  DIA is busy and 737, 757's buzzing all around.        Final approach lining up for 26L.  What a backdrop in the evening.

Ok, so failing to remember hardly anything to do with FSPro2013, I managed to damage my flaps, my gears, and i'm sure I will be placing this plane in the service center for mandatory FAA checkup.  All considering I landed relatively good and here's the numbers Johnny:

Landing Score: 96.79     Flight Score: 74.24  (Notes: all considering it was my first flight in about 3 to 4 months....nothing but improvement is in order)

Back flying....nothing better than that!

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #10519
Posted Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:01:34 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Hi Joe...

Great to have you back. And nice aircraft. Nice score as well, compared to my crappy ones so far.. jeez

I look forward to the next flights from you, and to see you kick the living - ahem- out of me.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #10520
Posted Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:17:53 AM

Glad to be back! I suspect in heat of competition my buddy will land a few impressive scores himself!

Joe Mini

Post #10524
Posted Saturday, January 19, 2013 3:15:03 PM

January 19th, 2013 (Leg2: 1V5 - KGXY)

Fired up a smaller plane.  A recreational plane.  I found this helpless lady looking for a "ride" so she hopped in shotgun for a 36 mile flight to Greeley, CO.  Nothing much in the farmlands of Colorado to brag about.  Little bit of afternoon wind.  Could seem to get it lined up while landing, and may have damaged my flaps.  Two flights...two planes with maintenance...hummm?

Hot chick next to Ace Pilot Joe.                                                                       Got some point points taken off for buzzing the houses while taking off...

Leaving the mountains for awhile....back soon!                                                    Downwind leg, lining up for 27 in a minute.

Landing Score: 85.59   Flight Score: 84.48 

Joe Mini

Post #10547
Posted Sunday, January 20, 2013 7:10:55 AM

January 19th, 2013 (Leg3: KGXY - KSTK)

Two planes, and potential damage to both. Sigh!  So i'm contemplating what my next move is, sitting in the airport cafe, when a gentlemen walks up to me and asks to have a cup of coffee.  Why you down on your luck he asks?  Regurgetating my flying stories, he thinks he has a solution for me.  He asks me the following questions:

1. Have you had adequate flying lessons? Errr...I've logged 1,000 of hours in flight sim.
2. Have you ever crashed a plane? Errr...not recently.
3. Are you currently flying the latest FSFlyingSchool2013 software? Errr...yes...yes I am.

Well, then, as long as you don't screw up my Piper P28 Archer, I need you to fly my Piper Archer 28 to the next city over.  Think you can do it? Yes sir! I'm your man!

What a beauty of a plane...slower than heck, but nice stable plane.                         CYA, Greeley....off to deliver a plane.  Hope I don't do something stupid....

There's the airport, slight bank to the right, and I'll have her down safe and sound.

Landing Score: 63.29 Flight Score: 84.45 (Notes:  WTH....thought I landed pretty good...oh...poor glideslope and not lined up very good...damn)

Joe Mini

Post #10551
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:51pm